GAME #66, SUNDAY, JUNE 09, 2019, TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, June 09, 2019, 06:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 09, 2019, 03:03:22 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 09, 2019, 02:36:49 PM
Quote from: longgame on June 09, 2019, 12:46:14 PM
Seems they’ve given up on this one as well.

It’s interesting how some teams, notably TB and Houston, come into town with a game plan for each pitcher.  The Sox just seem to go with whatever isn’t working.

That is so true.  The Sox hitters seem to have no strategy.
It seems so much that each hitter is trying to go YARD on every pitch ??  Again, we never hear to much or see the HITTING COACHES ?? Wouldn't know who they are ???? iono iono iono iono

Tim Hyers is one.  I wonder if the $23 mil contract guys even pay attention to him.  In some sports (NBA) the players coach themselves.  I'm beginning to wonder how much sway Newman has these days.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 09, 2019, 03:12:03 PM
O'Brien and Eckersley are saying what we have been talking about here about Sox hitting approach.  Like us they are speculating that guys are essentially swinging for the fences with long swings.  Everyone is also admitting this club is  playing without any energy.

I  am also wondering why all these injuries.
B I N G O  dat !!!!  Not good at all !!! iono iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh rofl rofl

longgame

Texas has been playing well so I'm not too hopeful for the next 4 either.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on June 10, 2019, 07:58:28 AM

Long way to go, but it the season ended this week, Sox are two games behind Rangers, tied with Indians, and one ahead of A's and ChiSox for the last wild card slot.  And somebody else might get hot, hopefully it's the Sox.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 10, 2019, 09:27:46 AM

Long way to go, but it the season ended this week, Sox are two games behind Rangers, tied with Indians, and one ahead of A's and ChiSox for the last wild card slot.  And somebody else might get hot, hopefully it's the Sox.
All good points, howevaa, this team is not focused in and is in need of several fixes. HOPE that  D D makes them before it is to late !!!!

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 10, 2019, 09:27:46 AM

They seem to get hot against poor teams, which they should be, but they can't seem to play well at all against any good teams.  Most importantly, they seem unable to hit even average pitching.