GAME #63, FRIDAY, JUNE 07, 2019, TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, June 07, 2019, 10:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Schloicka

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: markj on June 07, 2019, 09:08:37 PM
Is that a planned double-header or is it a make up game?

Rays planning Yarborough who was rocked in his last game.  We're going with Josh Smith apparently.  Then Price against 'undecided' who always gives us trouble.   iono

Bill-806

Well SPORTS FANS, as constructed, our RED SOX are in trouble..... HAVE you SEEN enough MR. D D ????  The DEADWOOD is starting to SMELL !!  Changes, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! iono iono iono iono

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 08, 2019, 08:06:43 AM
Well SPORTS FANS, as constructed, our RED SOX are in trouble..... HAVE you SEEN enough MR. D D ????  The DEADWOOD is starting to SMELL !!  Changes, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! iono iono iono iono

Sox are due to do a deal, of the Eovaldi/ Fister type.  I'm just guessing it"s a pitcher who can both start and do long relief.  Our starting pitching is still on the fragile side.  These AAA callups like Smith and Weber are nothing more than bandages, leaky bandages.  Who do we trade?

The rule this year as I understand,  are deals must be done before July, no August stuff .

elktonnick

I am convinced that no deal will be done unless the Sox can stay under the LUX Tax threshold.  I believe they have decided to take their chances on the wild card lottery with the team they have.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 08, 2019, 08:20:13 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on June 08, 2019, 08:06:43 AM

Sox are due to do a deal, of the Eovaldi/ Fister type.  I'm just guessing it"s a pitcher who can both start and do long relief.  Our starting pitching is still on the fragile side.  These AAA callups like Smith and Weber are nothing more than bandages, leaky bandages.  Who do we trade?

The rule this year as I understand,  are deals must be done before July, no August stuff .
SPEAKING of roster BUILDING, must TIP our CAPS to Tampa Bay as YEAR after YEAR they are built with PLAYOFFs in their EYES and SOUNDNE$$ in their CONTRACT$ !!!!  iono iono rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on June 07, 2019, 07:57:29 PM
Quote from: longgame on June 07, 2019, 07:48:51 PM
OK George, I know what you’re thinking!  Bases loaded, none out!

What? I didn't say the "dreaded bases loaded situation has reared it's ugly head". Never crossed my mind. LOL.

I didn't need to hear it to know you said it!  And you were right once again!

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on June 08, 2019, 09:31:59 AM
I am convinced that no deal will be done unless the Sox can stay under the LUX Tax threshold.  I believe they have decided to take their chances on the wild card lottery with the team they have.

Which as a fan really annoys me.  Are they worried that at the end of the day they'll all only be multimillionaires?  John Henry will only have a few million shy of his current billions?  Sports and entertainment fans pay ridiculous money to shower these people with more money than they or their heirs can spend in 1000 years, but they want to avoid the luxury tax.  Oh boo hoo John Henry, maybe cut out a trip to Liverpool on your private jet to pay for it. 

It is clear they're waiting on Eovaldi and Johnson for that matter to shore up the bullpen.  The problem is they still don't have anyone that doesn't have to wear brown pants to pitch in the 9th inning and they'd also still be an injury/Chris Sale "rest period" away from being short staffed again.