GAME #62, THURSDAY, JUNE 06, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Started by Schloicka, June 06, 2019, 06:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on June 06, 2019, 04:51:38 PM
Sox need to discuss what is going on with Chavis. I can`t remember anyone in the years of watching the Sox and baseball in general who has ever had this bad of a stretch .10 games only 6 hits and 20 Ks. I understand they will not give up on the kid but damn he has to at least get the ball in play.
Coming home with 4 straight, howevaaaa, CHANGES COMING !!!!   (Moreland, Pearce & others ???)    iono iono iono iono iono iono

elktonnick

Chavis is going through the typical adjustment phase that all rookies go through.  Check back to early May he was on fire and everyone wanted to anoint  him the next super star.  I cautioned to remember Will Middlebrooks.  Now the league has adjusted to him.  Because of injuries Chavis was brought too quickly and has not only had to adjust to big league pitching but also to learning a new position as well. 
He now has to learn to make the adjustments to the way the big league pitchers are pitching him now.  I am confident he'll figure it out.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 06, 2019, 07:08:18 PM
Chavis is going through the typical adjustment phase that all rookies go through.  Check back to early May he was on fire and everyone wanted to anoint  him the next super star.  I cautioned to remember Will Middlebrooks.  Now the league has adjusted to him.  Because of injuries Chavis was brought too quickly and has not only had to adjust to big league pitching but also to learning a new position as well. 
He now has to learn to make the adjustments to the way the big league pitchers are pitching him now.  I am confident he'll figure it out.
HANG in there, all ……..  Chavis will get thru this...… Still raw but beats the HECK out of "NO GLOVE/NO RANGE  NUNEZ" !!!!! iono iono iono rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

The timing of the Chavis hiccups ain't good with 1B Moreland and Pearce still on the IL and Sam Travis still a marginal guy.  Heck, Dalbec might get a call for a cup of coffee if the drama continues.   iono