GAME #61, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 05, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Started by Schloicka, June 05, 2019, 10:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Bases juiced, one out again. Leon goes warning-track deep for a sac fly. Sox up 8-0. 

markj

markj

markj

Serious gem by Sale. Complete game shutout on 101 pitches with an immaculate 8th inning. Superb. And the Sox finally gave him some run support.

Schloicka

markj

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: markj on June 05, 2019, 10:01:51 PM
Yankees blow a 7-4 lead to lose again 11-7.

That's sweet.  They shudda signed Kimbrell.  lol.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on June 05, 2019, 09:56:11 PM
Serious gem by Sale. Complete game shutout on 101 pitches with an immaculate 8th inning. Superb. And the Sox finally gave him some run support.
& lets hope that the arm is not falling off this morning !!  3 in a row, keep RUNNING, RUNNING, RUNNING !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

BoSoxFanNY

Chris Sale pitched a GEM!
AND the Sox gave him plenty of run support!

longgame

Quote from: markj on June 05, 2019, 09:11:36 PM
Raffy goes deep for a solo dinger. NESN missed it because they were in their idiotic repeated commercials. I've seen that stupid shaving commercial a dozen times tonight. I think next year I'll buy the full MLB package just so I can watch anyone but NESN.

They're all struggling with the strict 2 minute breaks.  But I agree on the NESN spots, first of all, they run the same spots all season (thankfully that Jordan's furniture promo is over), secondly, they take too long to start them up and then they run into the game.

Great game by Sale though!

elktonnick

If you have the full MLB package as I do, the commercials are all the same.  While we watch the Sox broadcast on NESN except when the Sox play Baltimore Philadelphia or Washington because of blackout restrictions they run the same two or three commercials constantly.  From time to time we watch a non Sox game such as the Yankees or Rays and the commercials are the same.   

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on June 07, 2019, 08:12:45 AM
If you have the full MLB package as I do, the commercials are all the same.  While we watch the Sox broadcast on NESN except when the Sox play Baltimore Philadelphia or Washington because of blackout restrictions they run the same two or three commercials constantly.  From time to time we watch a non Sox game such as the Yankees or Rays and the commercials are the same.   

Well that sux. I don't get the point of running the same commercial dozens of times. It just makes me want to avoid whatever it is they're advertising.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on June 07, 2019, 08:12:45 AM

Are those the only teams that get you blackout restrictions?  We get them for DC and Baltimore (DC is 7 hours away!), Atlanta - 4 hours, plus Cincinnatti and Pittsburgh I think.  I believe both of those are much further than Baltimore.  It's really dumb, but fortunately most of the teams are NL teams and we don't play them often.

elktonnick

Yes We now live in Delaware.  For some reason we are considered in the Baltimore/Washington and Philadelphia local broadcast areas.  We get MASN so we watch their feed but we are SOL when they play Philly

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on June 07, 2019, 09:27:37 AM
Yes We now live in Delaware.  For some reason we are considered in the Baltimore/Washington and Philadelphia local broadcast areas.  We get MASN so we watch their feed but we are SOL when they play Philly

You can't get the Philly feed on MLB?  I can always get the away feeds because I get the local sports channels package.