GAME #60, TUESDAY, JUNE 04, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Started by Schloicka, June 04, 2019, 12:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Quote from: elktonnick on June 04, 2019, 09:46:00 PM
Anyone notice what a solid 3rd base Devers is playing.  If he continues to play solid defense with his hitting he could be a gold glove  contender.

I guess it's only the 2 of us that see he has turned the corner on his defense. I mentioned in a post about a week ago that he had not made an error since May 2. Now 28 games of very SOLID DEFENSE.
On another note, Mookie now 2-16 since being put back in the leadoff spot. Looks like he is just having a terrible year so far and not where he bats. Yesterday I posted he is hitting .318 batting 2nd .

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 04, 2019, 01:45:36 PM
One game at a time …… Sundays YANKS game reminded us what the SOX can do when playing aggressive from our first batter on ……. RUN, RUN, RUN !!! We need to go on a big WIN STREAK !!!!!!! thumb_u iono iono
THREE IN A ROW !! The JUG/A/NOT is starting to heat up !!!  Stay at it , BOYS !!! thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

I've been thinking the same thing about Devers.  I think he's learned to take his time and not rush so many things.  He still makes a throw or two that he probably should keep but he isn't sailing those throws either.  He's always had a strong arm and that can help him a lot when he focuses on seeing the ball into the glove.

Nice win last night.  Fred, Cora didn't apologize but he did say he saw it wasn't working and made the move for the rest of the season.  He's not the first manager to try to move Betts.  But Betts has still done nothing.  I'm actually surprised Cora didn't give him a day off after the off day.  He reminds me of JBJ at the plate some times, but the worst thing is he is always squinting when he gets up to bat.  Like Bradley, I wouldn't be surprised he needs glasses. 

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 05, 2019, 07:28:56 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on June 04, 2019, 01:45:36 PM
One game at a time …… Sundays YANKS game reminded us what the SOX can do when playing aggressive from our first batter on ……. RUN, RUN, RUN !!! We need to go on a big WIN STREAK !!!!!!! thumb_u iono iono
THREE IN A ROW !! The JUG/A/NOT is starting to heat up !!!  Stay at it , BOYS !!! thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
OOP's, I mean TWO IN A ROW...…. I stand corrected !!!! rofl rofl