GAME #57, FRIDAY, MAY 31, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by longgame, May 31, 2019, 02:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 31, 2019, 08:21:29 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 31, 2019, 08:17:04 PM
No hits from your top three.  Sale ain't gonna win much of any like that.  He can't afford even one mistake pitching for this club.

Why is this club so flat

Because they have a built-in excuse.  They know their manager is being heavily attacked for his malfeasance with that ridiculous Spring Training program this past March so they can say it isn't their fault----even though right now it is.  Also, as we discussed a couple of days ago there was that trip that I am convinced divided the team irreparably this season and maybe for the future.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 31, 2019, 09:25:50 PM
Sox could end up under .500 and 11.5 game back if they get swept this series.
if

IF THEY GET SWEPT?  IF THEY GET SWEPT??????????  They will get swept and be under 500 by the end of the week.  And BTW markj, I gave you a good idea why this team is so disjointed and you know damn well that has had something to do with this debacle.  I am thoroughly convinced of it.

elktonnick

The manager's post game interview was a pip. Asked if he was going to say anything to Nunez he said no because he knows.  If the manager isn:t angry about a bonehead play why would anyone else be.  Maybe the player was tired and needs a rest.  Yes that's the ticket rest

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 31, 2019, 09:53:59 PM
The manager's post game interview was a pip. Asked if he was going to say anything to Nunez he said no because he knows.  If the manager isn:t angry about a bonehead play why would anyone else be.  Maybe the player was tired and needs a rest.  Yes that's the ticket rest
Speaking of TICKETS ??    D D needs to get one out of ton for NUNEZ...… NUNEZ can't move, field or RUN.....  Get him out of there, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!!!! thumb_d iono iono iono iono

longgame

Nunez should be sending Christmas cards to Pedroia the rest of his life.  For now he needs to be sending them to Moreland too as I think he'd be gone if they were at full health.

Speaking of Pedroia, I recall going on all postseason about the need to replace him and we got lucky we have Chavis.  But I also recall thinking that the Sox should have been all in on DJ Lemahieu or however you spell his name.  The Yankees made a nice pickup there.  The Sox would be a lot more solid with him at 2B and Chavis in the platoon with Moreland and getting time at 2B and 3B.

The Sox need to get Eovaldi and Johnson for that matter back too.  They are incredibly light in the bullpen now, especially with Velazquez gone.  I think they really need to make a move to get a live arm in there and it has to be sooner rather than the later.

Generally I just don't see the intensity.  It seems like balls drop in that would have been caught last year.  Guys look listless at the plate with men on base.  Some of the worst at bats this year have been with bases loaded and less than 2 outs.  To paraphrase Schloika from past seasons - bases loaded and none out seems to be the kiss of death for these guys. Meanwhile they are getting really good at walking guys with 2 outs and then giving up a string of base hits.

Sea Dog 23

I just don't see that the Sox are mentally prepared to play the Yanks this week.  They may be lucky enough to salvage one game.  Good that they stay away from Boston and go to KC.  However the Rays come calling next Friday.  They have kept pace with NY this season and scored 14 runs on the Twins this week. That series will likely determine where the Sox go this year.

Baseball is a team sport with a lot of moving parts.  Watching the Sox lately is similar to watching a morning round on PGA golf.  25 players all doing different things with different results.

Bill-806

The SOX are soon to go the way of the gas engine, planes & COWS !!! Our product is slipping fast.....  iono iono iono iono