4. Gary Sanchez (R) C
5. Gleyber Torres (R) SS
6. Kendrys Morales (S) DH
7. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
8. Cameron Maybin (R) RF
9. Brett Gardner (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 77°F - Chance of Precip: 1%

longgame

I don't know why Chavis still needs a day off if he had a day off yesterday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 31, 2019, 02:46:10 PM

Because Cora is a big Nunez fan and he's been making blunder after blunder this season so why change now.  Of course, if Eduardo has a big game tonight and helps us win the game I will have to eat crow.  Don't think he will though.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on May 31, 2019, 02:46:10 PM

Yesterday's day off doesn't count because it was a rain out.  Seriously I think Manager Alfred E Neuman actually sees it that way

Bill-806

NUNEZ, again ??????? iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Murph

With  1/3  of the season in the books who would have thought that Raffy would be hands-down the Sox MVP.
HR #8  in the 2nd.

longgame

Sale has a meltdown and the Sox fall behind early.  Let’s hope he doesn’t lose this inning now.

The Sox need to find their bats. 

Ever notice that every time O’Brien says “if this happens...” it never happens.  I know the announcer doesn’t affect the game but he does it so often and it always seems to be the kiss of death -
“If Sale get the next one it will be 9 strikeouts”, “if the Sox get two more outs they win the series”, “If this reliever gets this guy out it will be 6 straight outs”!

markj

Dumbass Nunez gets picked off at 2B to end the inning. Why is he playing instead of Chavis?

Or was that supposed to be a hit and run that failed?

elktonnick

O'Brien is so turgid he drives me crazy.  Nunez continues to play clueless baseball.  Red Sox simply can not make these mental errors against quality clubs.

markj

Sea Dog 23

No hits from your top three.  Sale ain't gonna win much of any like that.  He can't afford even one mistake pitching for this club.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 31, 2019, 08:17:04 PM
No hits from your top three.  Sale ain't gonna win much of any like that.  He can't afford even one mistake pitching for this club.

Why is this club so flat

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on May 31, 2019, 08:21:29 PM

Why is this club so flat

As brought up before it's eerily 2011 redux.  Is there beer and chicken in the clubhouse?  Maybe video games and texting.  But seems to me like a country club, every man for himself look. 

Whatever it is, they can't seem to focus on the basic fundamentals of baseball over a three game stretch.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 31, 2019, 08:58:13 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on May 31, 2019, 08:21:29 PM

Why is this club so flat

As brought up before it's eerily 2011 redux.  Is there beer and chicken in the clubhouse?  Maybe video games and texting.  But seems to me like a country club, every man for himself look. 

Whatever it is, they can't seem to focus on the basic fundamentals of baseball over a three game stretch.

This team has no motivation. They are going through the motions.  How many times did NESN show the Red Sox bench tonight, zero.  I ask you why.  I think it was because the images would be of a listless disinterested ballclub.

markj

Sox could end up under .500 and 11.5 game back if they get swept this series.