GAME #57, THURSDAY, MAY 30, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Schloicka, May 30, 2019, 11:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 30, 2019, 11:15:33 PM
Quote from: Murph on May 30, 2019, 05:14:40 PM
Yankees and the Red Sox have been rained out.
Sale throws tomorrow.

A DAY-NIGHT, SEPARATE-ADMISSION DOUBLEHEADER ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 3

Once again, thanks Murph for the update.  We don't much local news concerning the Red Sox out here and I searched my smart phone to see if they would play a twin bill tomorrow and didn't see it.  Now I know.  I take it you live in the Boston area.  I'm thinking of paying for getting the Globe on my computer so I can totally keep up on things, or should I wait until next season figuring things should be better for us then.  I hate reading about bad news.

There's always NESN, Fred.

https://nesn.com/boston-red-sox/

elktonnick

Yes NESN the Pravda of sports information.  Or as Garrison Keeler would say "where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average."

markj

Well, considering both NESN and The Boston Globe are owned by JH, you're going to get some of that.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on May 31, 2019, 07:40:19 AM
Sale throws tomorrow.

Once again, thanks Murph for the update.  We don't much local news concerning the Red Sox out here and I searched my smart phone to see if they would play a twin bill tomorrow and didn't see it.  Now I know.  I take it you live in the Boston area.  I'm thinking of paying for getting the Globe on my computer so I can totally keep up on things, or should I wait until next season figuring things should be better for us then.  I hate reading about bad news.

And I've already given the game link so you can see every game on your computer for free. Just pick the game. Pick the home or away feed depending on whether or not the Sox are home or away and sit back and watch.

http://bilasport.net/mlb.html

markj

I think Fred is looking for press stories, Geo. Not the games themselves.

longgame

The Herald has more coverage.   

BTW, I set up a new game thread for tonights game. 

markj

Quote from: longgame on May 31, 2019, 02:45:42 PM

And remembered to keep the sequence number the same. Well done. thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 31, 2019, 06:44:39 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 30, 2019, 11:10:55 PM
Quote from: Murph on May 30, 2019, 02:49:58 PM
Pete Abraham

Verified account

@PeteAbe
1m1 minute ago
More
#RedSox placed RHP Hector Velázquez on the 10-day injured list with a low back strain. RHP Mike Shawaryn selected from Triple-A Pawtucket. The club’s 40-man roster is now at 40.

Right Murph, that Shawaryn is just the ticket for that new pitching stalwart we need.  Yea right.  But thanks anyway for the update.  One of these days we will all go bonkers when we promote a real future ace from our farm system.

Fred, I think DD is ready for a bold move, or maybe not.  Do a deal for Dallas Kuechel to be a new starter and bring Nathan back as our closer.  He's made a mess of team management forvthe year  To do nothing right now is  like rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.

Sea Dog---if you were the GM you would undertake such a manuever but I think that right now Dombrowski is stuck in the same stubborn mold that Cora is in......he plans on doubling down with the re-arranging those chairs on the Titantic.    Just look at what we've been doing the past month, sending guys up and down and just changing the relief corps, all of whom for the most part start fires when called upon.  And John Henry had ordered him not to spend a lot of money in the off-season, though we did sign Sale and Bogaerts to long term deals for the future.  It would cost money, lots of it to sign Keuchel; he will not sign for peanuts and if we ween't going to spend for bullpen help before we sure as hell aren't going to go spending now. So I think the maybe not fits right now, though for both our well being, doing something would be so much better for the team.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 31, 2019, 07:54:59 AM
Yes NESN the Pravda of sports information.  Or as Garrison Keeler would say "where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average."

Hey Elk, you're one  in a million.  I am having trouble writing this because I am LMFAO at what you wrote.......THE PRAVDA OF SPORTS INFORMATION!!!!!  We all know that save for Eck most of the guys and gals who work there are nothing but rubber stamps afraid they might be cashiered if they said something that Comrade Henry didn't like.  Well at least I'm three thousand miles away and don't have to read about that crap every day. Truth be told, they need to come clean because enough of us know  the garbage going on with our team that simply cannot pass the smell test.

Happy are we that we have FOR big World Series Titles to keep us happy but to see how we usually bum out the next year should make NESN, JH, DD and the rest of the Boston Poiitburo understand that bullshit only goes so far.  Right now we both know that things are not what they should be and with the intelligent baseball guys we have on this board, Henry and Co should know they are not fooling into believing that all is right.  From Henry on down they need to straiten up and fly right.  Enough of the propaganda.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on May 31, 2019, 10:04:30 AM
Quote from: markj on May 31, 2019, 07:40:19 AM
Sale throws tomorrow.

And I've already given the game link so you can see every game on your computer for free. Just pick the game. Pick the home or away feed depending on whether or not the Sox are home or away and sit back and watch.

http://bilasport.net/mlb.html

Oh no George, I do get the games on NESN and enjoy hearing Eckersley break things down for the fans.  He knows his stuff.  O'Brien bores me to tears with his constant repetitive jargon, but he was part of the WS Title last year so I don't look at him with dagger eyes, just a little boring for me.  No, what I meant is that when I come to Boston (as my wife and I will on Tuesday on the red eye) we get Red Sox news all day when in Boston..  I look forward to that but going home it is back to hearing much less.  But thanks for the info.  I will make it my business to do something to keep more up to the date on the "other" things going on with the team that I usually get late out here in California.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 31, 2019, 02:44:36 PM
I think Fred is looking for press stories, Geo. Not the games themselves.

That's what I just told George.  I get so much more info when I come to Boston.  Ir seems the press and media run full b last on the Red Sox doings.  I love keeping up with that, especially when the team is  going great guns. Nowadays my friend????  Not so much.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 31, 2019, 02:45:42 PM
The Herald has more coverage.   

Well I hope it brings us luck and good fortune Ted.  It's been kind of downer this season.  We need a rebirth.