Chance of Precip: 70%

Murph

Murph

Pete Abraham

Verified account

@PeteAbe
1m1 minute ago
More
#RedSox placed RHP Hector Velázquez on the 10-day injured list with a low back strain. RHP Mike Shawaryn selected from Triple-A Pawtucket. The club’s 40-man roster is now at 40.

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on May 30, 2019, 02:49:58 PM
Pete Abraham

Verified account

@PeteAbe
1m1 minute ago
More
#RedSox placed RHP Hector Velázquez on the 10-day injured list with a low back strain. RHP Mike Shawaryn selected from Triple-A Pawtucket. The club’s 40-man roster is now at 40.
REVOLVING doors continue …….  Also, Chavis for a rest with NUNEZ at 2d base ??????????  Not good !!!!!! iono iono iono iono

elktonnick

Quote from: Murph on May 30, 2019, 02:36:54 PM
What a damn joke .Nunez in Chavis to the bench.
Manager Alfred E Neuman at least has Betts leading off.  It isn't only the fact that Nunez has zero plate discipline but he plays a horrible 2nd base.  Nunez has demonstrated particular problems handling the catcher's throw and getting the tag down on stolen base attempts

markj

Another miserable, rainy night on tap in the northeast. Just what the Sox need.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on May 30, 2019, 02:36:54 PM
What a damn joke .Nunez in Chavis to the bench.

Cora loves Nunez!!!!!  He will fight with all his might to see that he is not DFA'd, you can bet your last dime on that.  The guy has really gone off the deep end.  All Nunez will do is hack at everything, refuse to take a walk and probably made a key error to cost us the game.  Oh yes, Sale or no, we will lose tonight.  You can take that to the bank as well.  This team is toast and Cora is 90% to blame for this.  This year he has been a shitty manager---from the start of Spring Training up to now.  Chavis brings us some RH power; Nunez very little---and we could hav used this game tonight.  At any rate Bora Cora, let Sale pitch; not five inning crap.  If we with help from the Gods can take a lead into the sixth LET HIM PITCH YOU DUNDERASS.  I don't trust that bullpen of ours at all.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 30, 2019, 04:09:04 PM
Another miserable, rainy night on tap in the northeast. Just what the Sox need.

markj, the gods of fate are paying our team back in spades for the crappy way they have handled the season---from Cora's incredibly putrid ST regimen to the way we've played recently.  We need some big breaks but think instead that we are going to keep suffering because our Alfred E. Newman showed such idiocy from the first day of March to the present.

Murph

Yankees and the Red Sox have been rained out.
Sale throws tomorrow.

A DAY-NIGHT, SEPARATE-ADMISSION DOUBLEHEADER ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 3

Sea Dog 23

Nostradamus told me we will split the twin bill.  If we play them four consecutive days, the odds go down.

SeaBeachFred

Pete Abraham

Verified account

@PeteAbe
1m1 minute ago
More

Right Murph, that Shawaryn is just the ticket for that new pitching stalwart we need.  Yea right.  But thanks anyway for the update.  One of these days we will all go bonkers when we promote a real future ace from our farm system.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on May 30, 2019, 05:14:40 PM
Yankees and the Red Sox have been rained out.
Sale throws tomorrow.

A DAY-NIGHT, SEPARATE-ADMISSION DOUBLEHEADER ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 3

Once again, thanks Murph for the update.  We don't much local news concerning the Red Sox out here and I searched my smart phone to see if they would play a twin bill tomorrow and didn't see it.  Now I know.  I take it you live in the Boston area.  I'm thinking of paying for getting the Globe on my computer so I can totally keep up on things, or should I wait until next season figuring things should be better for us then.  I hate reading about bad news.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 30, 2019, 11:10:55 PM
Pete Abraham

Verified account

@PeteAbe
1m1 minute ago
More

Right Murph, that Shawaryn is just the ticket for that new pitching stalwart we need.  Yea right.  But thanks anyway for the update.  One of these days we will all go bonkers when we promote a real future ace from our farm system.

Fred, I think DD is ready for a bold move, or maybe not.  Do a deal for Dallas Kuechel to be a new starter and bring Nathan back as our closer.  He's made a mess of team management forvthe year  To do nothing right now is  like rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 31, 2019, 06:44:39 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 30, 2019, 11:10:55 PM
Pete Abraham

Verified account

@PeteAbe
1m1 minute ago
More

Fred, I think DD is ready for a bold move, or maybe not.  Do a deal for Dallas Kuechel to be a new starter and bring Nathan back as our closer.  He's made a mess of team management forvthe year  To do nothing right now is  like rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.
That was a great MOVIE !!!!!

elktonnick

This weekend is a huge one for Dombrowski and his self delusional Manager What me worry.  If the Sox get swept or play sloppy baseball I expect tensions within the club will become evident.  That coupled with a Bruins loss would drive Boston sport fans over the edge.  It would moreover force Dombrowski's hand