ALDS GAME #2, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2018, NY YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by longgame, October 06, 2018, 02:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Not so much, it seems. Never seen a team so averse to hitting HRs in their own park.

markj

All three infield hits right at position players. No sense in making them move, I guess.

markj

WTF? Nunez with another screwup? While Holt is sitting on the bench? 

elktonnick

markj

markj

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on October 06, 2018, 09:49:48 PM
Ball game.

Season. They won't win anything in NY. They can't even score in their own park. ALCS will be HOU-NYY. Guess I'll be a 'Stros fan again this year. DD really needs to work on pitching next year. Dump Price for whatever you can get for him and start over with Sale as the anchor.

longgame

Cora needs to call them out on their toughness.  They’re getting embarrassed. 

Schloicka

Can't let Yanks hit hr's. That's how they win. 3 hr's accounting for 5 runs. Not a good combo.

markj

3B needs attention next year. Nunez and Raffy need to be screwing up somewhere else.

markj

markj

ipot

Quote from: markj on October 06, 2018, 09:13:02 PM
If this goes back to NY tied, I can't see the Sox moving on. The remaining available arms in the rotation will get pummeled in Yankee Stadium.

This series is over.  Houston is winning the WS anyway.  We simply don't have a rotation to compete in 5 or 7 game sample sizes.  David "The Pathetic" Price is a bona fide disaster, as is E- Rod.   We have an "OK" Porcello, Sale, and Eovaldi.  Not enough to win in the playoffs.

It will be cool to see the Astros repeat.  Repeat winners haven't happened in a while.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee