4. Rafael Devers (L) DH
5. Blake Swihart (S) RF
6. Brandon Phillips (R) 2B
7. Christian Vazquez (R) C
8. Sam Travis (R) LF
9. Tzu-Wei Lin (L) SS

Gametime Forecast: 74°F • Mostly Cloudy • 13% PoP

Schloicka

Sale a little off to start. Let's see if he can pick up the pace as the game goes on.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on September 26, 2018, 06:29:35 PM
Sale a little off to start. Let's see if he can pick up the pace as the game goes on.

Just shaky enough that they’re lining up at the Boston area bridges!  All we needed for Sox Nation’s wariness was shaky Sale in his last regular season start!

longgame

Bases loaded, surely we do can something here?  Ump isn’t helping.

longgame

markj

Bases loaded, one out. Swihart K's looking to make it two outs.  Then a nice O's error saves the inning and gets us a run. Lucky.

longgame

markj

What is with Raffy? He gets a pitch right down the pike and over the plate and just looks at it, and then seems a bit surprised that he just K'd.

markj

Sale is done. Not his best outing for sure. 92 pitches in 4-2/3 innings.

Schloicka

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 26, 2018, 08:51:42 PM
Meatball Matt giving up the runs.

Well markj, let's see if Alex Cora finally learned what you and I both know, not to mention most people on this board......YOU NEVER THROW THE MEATBALL TWO GAMES IN SUCCESSION, rainout or not.  He has never pitched well in successive games, and you do not  relieve him with inherited runners.  Of course, it would be easy for me if I was running the show.  I would not put the meatball on the post season roster.  He cannot be trusted any more than Kelly can......and I would try and use Wright a couple of times in the Yankee series to keep his knuckler sharp and would most certainly pitch Sale a couple of three innings either Saturday or Sunday.  He must not go over a week without pitching in a competitive setting.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on September 26, 2018, 08:45:46 PM
Swihart not a right fielder.

Well not a R F at Fenway, but he could play it elsewhere and we need to give this guy a full chance to catch or play some in the field.  He can hit and Vazquez can't very well and Leon can't hit at all...….and we need to put the best nine bats in the lineup.  I also concede....Phillips is not ready for post-season play.  That homer in Atlanta was nice but he looks like a player whose time may be up.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

Not a good showing of our pitchers
AND not a strong lineup.

Don't like losing to the Orioles.

AT LEAST the Yankees are losing to the Rays 7 - 3
going to the top of the 9th inning.