Quote from: Bill-806 on May 21, 2019, 02:36:30 PM
J D Martinez ????   Is this a TWO game off deal ???? iono iono iono iono

Apparently due to illness.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 21, 2019, 02:55:12 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on May 21, 2019, 02:36:30 PM
J D Martinez ????   Is this a TWO game off deal ???? iono iono iono iono

Apparently due to illness.

I never like to see JD out of the lineup.  I remember all too well back in 2017 after Papi retired how devoid we were of that big run producer as so many times our pi tchers got starved for runs while we had a major power outage and Mookie had a crappy year for him.

Murph

markj

markj

markj

And another homer to Tellez. E-Rod sucks tonight. Sox down by 6. Pretty much over at this point as the Sox appear to have used up all their offense yesterday.

Sea Dog 23

The teams have completely reversed roles in one day.  Are the Sox capable of winning this series?

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 21, 2019, 08:01:25 PM
The teams have completely reversed roles in one day.  Are the Sox capable of winning this series?

Have you or anyone else noticed that it seems that every time we have a big blowout win with lots of hits and power we go the next day and have a real drought?  This has happened so many times the past few seasons that you have to wonder just what this team of ours is made of.  Now with Thornshit pitching Cora has decided to mail it in.  Two walks and a hit from the Thorn and we're dead man walking.  Meanwhile the Yankee are beating up on Baltimore the way these choking bastards of ours should be doing to the Blue Jays.

longgame

The Sox hit into three DPs.  You can’t blame the manager for that.

In fact I’d like to thank Cora.  It’s very nice of him put in Thornburg to let us know that the game is over and we can do something else with the evening.  Leave him in for the duration of this game, no matter how bad, and then finally release him.

elktonnick

E_Rod is not a tough minded pitcher.  Cora obviously knows that.  ERod can lose  confidence easily.  When the Sox squandered that opportunity of not scoring with the bases full one just knew that the wind would go from E Rod sails. 

One thing that totally escapes me is why is Thornburg still on this team.  One has to believe that as soon as Eovoldi is back he will be gone.

markj

markj

I can't believe Tellez didn't launch that last pitch. Thornburg got lucky there. Very lucky.