GAME #47, MONDAY, MAY 20, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Schloicka, May 19, 2019, 11:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Well it was good to see Davie Price back in action and picking up a win with five good innings of work, and those 16 hits and 12 runs didn't hurt either.  Now I have a question.  Did we shoot our wad today in the run producing department and will be struggling tomorrow or will we settle in and become a solid hitting team that doesn't take every other or every two other days off with their anointed rounds.  I'll be watching tomorrow to see if we really are on a potential solid run.  It would be about time and greatly appreciated by all of us if that were so. Come back strong tomorrow guys and no more screwing around with inconsistency.  Still an impressive win today and we needed it.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 20, 2019, 04:34:44 PM
Well it was good to see Davie Price back in action and picking up a win with five good innings of work, and those 16 hits and 12 runs didn't hurt either.  Now I have a question.  Did we shoot our wad today in the run producing department and will be struggling tomorrow or will we settle in and become a solid hitting team that doesn't take every other or every two other days off with their anointed rounds.  I'll be watching tomorrow to see if we really are on a potential solid run.  It would be about time and greatly appreciated by all of us if that were so. Come back strong tomorrow guys and no more screwing around with inconsistency.  Still an impressive win today and we needed it.

Fred, I suppose you missed JBJ being put on the UL list today. 
That's UL --- unable to hit list.  Just kidding, although he did find his first out of the park swing today.

longgame

Quote from: Murph on May 20, 2019, 03:41:43 PM
This team can really knock the hell out of the bottom level minor keague calibre pitchers.

On the other hand, I can remember plenty of times in the past when they'd get shut down by these guys.  I figure you have to fatten up on these guys and play the top 5 teams in the league about even.  Hopefully they'll stay on a roll. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 20, 2019, 04:41:43 PM

That's UL --- unable to hit list.  Just kidding, although he did find his first out of the park swing today.

That will keep him in the lineup for another two weeks.  The team is loathe to take him out for whatever reason.  But if he can just get a hit here and tere he might be able to help somewhat.  However, if this keeps up this has to be his last season with us.  You cannot carry such a weak bat in the lineup no matter how great he is on defense.  He and Nunez have been total flops with the bat this season and, thankfully, Vazquez  has taken some of that slack up and is hitting very well for us now.  Having two weak bats at the bottom of the lineup causes a serious ripple effect throughout the lineup as key players at the first half of the batting order have added pressure put upon them to take up the slack and idt could be a reason why Benintendi and Betts have been so inconsistent from game to game so much this season. 

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 20, 2019, 11:02:50 PM

That will keep him in the lineup for another two weeks.  The team is loathe to take him out for whatever reason.  But if he can just get a hit here and tere he might be able to help somewhat.  However, if this keeps up this has to be his last season with us.  You cannot carry such a weak bat in the lineup no matter how great he is on defense.  He and Nunez have been total flops with the bat this season and, thankfully, Vazquez  has taken some of that slack up and is hitting very well for us now.  Having two weak bats at the bottom of the lineup causes a serious ripple effect throughout the lineup as key players at the first half of the batting order have added pressure put upon them to take up the slack and idt could be a reason why Benintendi and Betts have been so inconsistent from game to game so much this season.

You mention the Vazquez factor.  That is statistically a double edged sword.  Vaz is hitting a hundred pts higher than Leon.  But the era with the staff is twice wirh Vaz than with Leon (except with ERod).  The ying and the yang runs throughout the club it seems.  Another example Nunez has value because Holt has not played this year.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 21, 2019, 07:30:27 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 20, 2019, 11:02:50 PM

You mention the Vazquez factor.  That is statistically a double edged sword.  Vaz is hitting a hundred pts higher than Leon.  But the era with the staff is twice wirh Vaz than with Leon (except with ERod).  The ying and the yang runs throughout the club it seems.  Another example Nunez has value because Holt has not played this year.

I wonder when Holt is going to be ready to play for us because I cannot stomach Eduardo playing second base.  He is absolutely horrid there and his 170 batting average leaves a lot to tbe desired on the offensive end.  Maybe wi th Chavis doing fairly well at second and giving us some much needed right handed power that won't be a problem anymore.  I wouldn't mind Leon catching more if Jack Brad and Nunez could contribute more at the plate when they are in the lineup Sea Dog, but when we get everyone back I would think that Nunez should be the one to go and would like to see Pearce play more outfield and Brad sat down finally unless he shows a li ttle more with a stick that has been mostly muffled since 2014 save for two or three hot steaks.