5. Yuli Gurriel (R) 2B
6. Tyler White (R) 1B
7. Robinson Chirinos (R) C
8. Josh Reddick (L) LF
9. Jake Marisnick (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 66°F
Chance of Precip: 4%

Bill-806

All eyes will be on CHAVIS at leadoff ……  Bennie with a day off.... YES, CORA neds to try different things to try & get a  a SPARK ….. One thing, RED SOX hitters have gone back to being PREDICTABLE...…  Shake things up, keep the other TEAM guessing !!!  NUNEZ ??????? iono iono iono iono iono

Murph

Good move with Beni out against the lefty.  Big game for Sale against  probably the best offense out there.

Bill-806

RAIN ????  What's up with that ???? 90* & SUNNY here in SARASOTA ….. Thank GOODNESS the HUMIDITY is some what lower than usual...….  BEEN a tough winter/spring in the northeast !!! iono iono iono

markj

They scored that as a wild pitch, but it looked more like a Vazquez error to me. He should have had that. Cost them a run.

markj

Raffy gets picked off at 1B. Just what they needed. I don't know the rules for balks well, but that looked like one to me.

markj

markj

Murph

Quote from: markj on May 19, 2019, 02:59:15 PM
Not impressed with Sale today. Mediocre at best.

Yeah I agree.106 pitches in   5  1/3 ip is not impressive at all.I figured the Stros would make him work xtra hard and they did.

Schloicka

Overall decent pitching & just enough offense. Walden with the win and Workman with the save. On to Toronto at 1pm Eastern.

Sea Dog 23

A tough go of it for the win.  Maybe there will be some confidence that we can win ugly in the next series we play contenders.

Murph

Best move all season by Cora putting Workman in to close. Brasier should be nowhere near the 8-9 inning.I would not be surprised at to see Walden close by the ASB.

elktonnick

Well Cora finally managed a game well.  The bullpen did its job and Chavis continues to impress.

SeaBeachFred

Well we salvaged one game of the important three game series we had with the Astros----and we should be pleased we were able to prevail today.  Keep in mind though that the team looks out of sorts as we begin a road trip.  I keep insisting that Mookie shopuld be put back at lead off man but with three hits today I'm sure stubborn Alex Cora will insist he stay there, so I will key in on two other stiffs we need to get out of the lineup.  Is anybody aware that we have a guy who might wind up passing Oriole Chris Davis for batting futility.  Bradley is now hitting about 143 and shows no sign of getting straightened out.  There will most likely be no hot streak for him now since the pit chers know how to bust him in and force him to try and pull everything.  As for Nunex, you don't even have to throw him a strike----he just hacks away at everything and both are well below the Mendoza Line.  I would give Steve Pearce a good look at DH or maybe some outfield work since he can play our there.  He proved he could be a big contributer to our team last season and has the power Nunez doesn't have and the plate discipline as well.  Get Jackie out of the lineup once and for all and consign him to defensive OF duty late in a game. HE IS NOT GOING TO HIT.  Can't the front office understand  that by now?  We need all the bats we can get in the lineup with our relief pitching and the fact that we have guys who are having off years so far just as Millar and Miller did in 2005, Varitek, Drew and Crisp had in 2008, and Bradley, Middlebrooks, Satalamacchia and others in 2013----too many others.  You see, it never fails.  Let the Red Sox win a World Series with the team leading the Majors in most offensive categories and the next year many of their hitters crater---just like this year is shaping up.

Bill-806

COUNT  BILL-806  with FRED !!!  A win today is a WIN, but not always convincing  ???? iono iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl