GAME #38, WEDNESDAY, MAY 8, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by markj, May 08, 2019, 10:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Just when you want to bench JBJ he makes a game saving fantastic catch robbing the Os of a walkoff.

markj

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on May 08, 2019, 09:45:00 PM
Just when you want to bench JBJ he makes a game saving fantastic catch robbing the Os of a walkoff.

I was just coming on to post the same thing. 

These guys need to wrap this sucker up this inning.

markj

elktonnick

We are getting the Os broadcast because of blackout rules so we get few reaction shots of the red sox bench.  The reaction to Beni's Home Run seemed very subdued by the Sox bench. 

Why Hembree to close out the game who has never had a ML save according to Os broadcasters

markj

Hembree done good, as did all the BP pitchers. Helluva win. Finally at .500.

elktonnick

Okay Hembree did very well.  The Os struck out over twenty times tonight.  Great win.  Hope this means the doldrums are over.  500 and both Rays and Yankees lost.

BoSoxFanNY

YAHOOOOO!
Sox win 2 -1 on a Benni home run in the top of the 12th inning!
Hembree strikes out the side for the save.

Red Sox are FINALLY at .500!

Keep it going . . .

Schloicka

Brasier with the win. Hembree with the save. Great pitching on both sides. Back to Boston they go to face Seattle Friday night.

elktonnick

Cora had a very interesting and telling post game interview.  IMO He basically didn't deny there were clubhouse issues and tensions but kind implied that this win will help the club move on. 

I confess I am finding Cora too smug and condescending for my tastes.  If there are clubhouses tensions I am thinking he is more a part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Sea Dog 23

Agree that the win will help in a small way to keep them focused as the team goes separate ways today.  A loss after Sale's masterpiece and all the innuendo would present another obstacle.

Bill-806

19 & 19 , on to the WHITE HOUSE  !!!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 08, 2019, 06:05:14 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 08, 2019, 05:34:49 PM
Quote from: Murph on May 08, 2019, 04:56:13 PM
Chavis gets a rest after being over matched with 5 K and 0-10 last 3 games.

Probably a rare good move by Cora giving Chavis a breather but Nunez on second and Rafey on third are defensive disasters waiting to happen.  And why is Bradley with his 140 batting average still in the lineup.  My God, do the Red Sox brass still think this guy is a star in the making.  He needs a long rest and possibly a new venue to take his balsa wood bat.  Perhaps they are afraid to send him down to Pawtucket because the last time they did that he hit poorly there as well.  But both Leon and Bradley in the lineup together?  The stench of it reaches my computer.

Well hopefully Sale has gotten the problems solved and he can fashion a solid game tonight and get enough hitting to win the series for us.

NESN reports that Red Sox are giving Chavis some work in the outfield.  I hope Chavis could play an adequate left field especially in Boston.  If that were ever to happen just may be our suffering through endless JBJ at bats would be a thing of the past.  One can only hope :D

Unless Chavis winds up with a major injury as Swihart got when they tried to put him in the outfield a  few years ago.  He went from our No. 1 prospect to addled side saddler.  But Chavis in the outfield could help our attack and keep Bradley for late inning duty as a defensive replacement, negating our need for him to get some hits once in awhile.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 08, 2019, 09:44:25 PM
JBJ just saved Brasier's butt. Even Mancini tips his hat to him.

As a frequent Bradley critic I say without hesitation that the catch he made last night was as good as I have even seen.  Not trying to impress with some hyperbole but what's right is right.  That was the best catch I have ever seen.  He won the game with it----rather he kept us from losing it.  Now Jack, will you just start hitting some and stop trying to pull every damn pitch.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 08, 2019, 10:37:05 PM
Cora had a very interesting and telling post game interview.  IMO He basically didn't deny there were clubhouse issues and tensions but kind implied that this win will help the club move on. 

I confess I am finding Cora too smug and condescending for my tastes.  If there are clubhouses tensions I am thinking he is more a part of the problem and not part of the solution.

I still believe Elk that the White House trip today has been a source of dissension in the clubhouse.  There must be some players who will not accept the right to disagree on a policy that should have nothing to do with baseball.