3. Trey Mancini (R) 1B
4. Renato Nunez (R) DH
5. Hanser Alberto (R) 3B
6. Dwight Smith Jr (L) LF
7. Stevie Wilkerson (S) CF
8. Pedro Severino (R) C
9. Richie Martin (R) SS

Murph

Chavis gets a rest after being over matched with 5 K and 0-10 last 3 games.

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on May 08, 2019, 04:56:13 PM
NUNEZ @ 2nd ?????  WOW !!! iono iono iono iono iono

markj

Like Raffy when he first came up and was hitting everything. Sooner or later the scouts find a weakness and then it's back to average ABs.

SeaBeachFred

Probably a rare good move by Cora giving Chavis a breather but Nunez on second and Rafey on third are defensive disasters waiting to happen.  And why is Bradley with his 140 batting average still in the lineup.  My God, do the Red Sox brass still think this guy is a star in the making.  He needs a long rest and possibly a new venue to take his balsa wood bat.  Perhaps they are afraid to send him down to Pawtucket because the last time they did that he hit poorly there as well.  But both Leon and Bradley in the lineup together?  The stench of it reaches my computer.

Well hopefully Sale has gotten the problems solved and he can fashion a solid game tonight and get enough hitting to win the series for us.

Sea Dog 23

Why you sub out Vaz, one of our hottest bats, for Leon is troublesome.  I realize it's lefty taking on righty, but not the best odds for the deep end of the order after Devers.

elktonnick

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 08, 2019, 05:34:49 PM

Probably a rare good move by Cora giving Chavis a breather but Nunez on second and Rafey on third are defensive disasters waiting to happen.  And why is Bradley with his 140 batting average still in the lineup.  My God, do the Red Sox brass still think this guy is a star in the making.  He needs a long rest and possibly a new venue to take his balsa wood bat.  Perhaps they are afraid to send him down to Pawtucket because the last time they did that he hit poorly there as well.  But both Leon and Bradley in the lineup together?  The stench of it reaches my computer.

Well hopefully Sale has gotten the problems solved and he can fashion a solid game tonight and get enough hitting to win the series for us.

NESN reports that Red Sox are giving Chavis some work in the outfield.  I hope Chavis could play an adequate left field especially in Boston.  If that were ever to happen just may be our suffering through endless JBJ at bats would be a thing of the past.  One can only hope :D

markj

Good first frame for Sale. Hope he can do that 5 or 6 more times tonight.

markj

Mookie gets the Sox on the board with a solo dinger. Then JD K's on a ball in the dirt.

Murph

Alex Speier reports Chavis only standing in OF simply just tracking balls.I would think next ST he would get some serious work.

Schloicka

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 08, 2019, 04:58:18 PM
NUNEZ @ 2nd ?????  WOW !!! iono iono iono iono iono

Well if Chavis has the day off there is no one else on the roster to play there who is a regular infielder.

markj

Had to figure a 1-run lead was not going to hold up for the whole game. Sox better hope they can get to the O's BP.

elktonnick

After6 innings the Sox look as flat as they did yesterda despite Sale giving up only 1 run through 6
Rob Bradford the Red Sox shill said that Sox clubhouse is not divided despite press reports speculating otherwise but watching these guys play they are sleep walking through this game. The only one busting mis hump is Sale.

markj

JBJ looks worse than ever, if that's possible. His only hope is a walk or HBP.

elktonnick

I agree.  I have never seen him this bad.  He is hitting under.060 against lefties only three guys are worse.