GAME #36, MONDAY, MAY 6, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by markj, May 06, 2019, 09:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

As DAD would say..... "SON, how the hell do ya only get THREE HITS, in CAMDON YARDS of all places" ????????? thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono iono iono

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 07, 2019, 12:20:44 PM
It is not a political thing mark---it has become a racial thing since David made it so.  Still knowing who is going and who is not  this has all  the earmarks on a situation that could break the team in half.  Cora could  have at least said he opposes Trump and then go to the meeting and let hi feelings be known but instead made this one group against the other group........and in the end it may wind up being the straw that forces the front office to bust this team up good and proper.

You don't want to go to the White House?  Fine that is you prerogative and you should respect the wishes of those who don't want to go.

You want to go the White House????  Well that's their prerogative too and Price, as much as I like you and have always supported you, YOU KEEP YOUR @##$%^&* MOUTH SHUT AND RESPECT THE WISHES OF THOSE WHO WANT TO GO.  Cora, once again this season, you efed up badly.

I'm not sure Price made it a racial thing. Buckley did with his "white sox" comment. Price just wanted to make sure lots of people saw the comment he perceived as insensitive. Still, that's bringing attention to a situation that most likely would not have made big news if he hadn't made it big news.

elktonnick

That was my point.  No one would have noticed or cared what Buckley had posted but Price now made it an issue which even he found himself having to explain what he meant.  Moreover I am sure other players were probably asked about the post which I am certain they weren't happy about. This is exactly how he created a hullabaloo when he made that idiotic comment about Dennis Eckersley.  Price should stick to baseball as should everyone else on that ballclub.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 07, 2019, 05:41:21 PM
That was my point.  No one would have noticed or cared what Buckley had posted but Price now made it an issue which even he found himself having to explain what he meant.  Moreover I am sure other players were probably asked about the post which I am certain they weren't happy about. This is exactly how he created a hullabaloo when he made that idiotic comment about Dennis Eckersley.  Price should stick to baseball as should everyone else on that ballclub.
B I N G O dat !!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Apparently the report was factually correct.  All of the white players are going, all the African American and Latin players are not.  That’s a real shame.

elktonnick

I am telling you watching this team play, they are as flat as a pancake.  I am sensing that things aren't going well.  Too many instances of poor communication on the field.  Watching the dugout these guys don't seem to interacting with each other they way they have in the past.

Sea Dog 23

I don't know any stories nor should I,  and only guessing.  Is there something with Cora?  He seems to have other fish to fry beyond baseball.  This team just can't be this out of sync otherwise 36 games in.  I think I'll just take in a long movie tonight.

Sea Dog 23

Well Moreland got the good vibes going in the Tues night game.  He went deep for three big runs.