GAME #35, SUNDAY, MAY 5, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Started by markj, May 05, 2019, 09:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

Want this team to get to .500
Getting close!!

AND yes, it seems that the Red Sox' Spring Training
is over and they are ready to play the regular season.

AND I believe that CHAVIS reminded the regular players what
energy, passion and love of the game is all about.
They seem to be playing with more heart.

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 05, 2019, 08:01:08 PM
Want this team to get to .500
Getting close!!

AND yes, it seems that the Red Sox' Spring Training
is over and they are ready to play the regular season.

AND I believe that CHAVIS reminded the regular players what
energy, passion and love of the game is all about.
They seem to be playing with more heart.
Great thing about BASEBALL, we always welcome the UP & COMING !! Great stuff , so far !!! thumb_u iono iono

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 05, 2019, 07:37:08 PM
Time to make upbsome ground,  Next two series, O's are 4-6 last ten.  The Mariners are coming back to reality at a paltry  3-7.

I for one am not surprised by the Mariners falling back to earth. I said it a bunch of times here - two teams started preparing early and ended up getting the jump on everyone by being ready.  When you compare that to the Red Sox who hold a baseball-themed country club reunion in the spring, the slow start of the Sox and the quick start of the A's and M's are entirely predictable.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 05, 2019, 04:53:07 PM
Sox take series and the starters are now pitching the way they should have and would have had the had a proper spring training. 

Regarding the White Sox, that was one of the worst performances by a manager in a short series that I have seen in years.  I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the first manager fired this year.  I can't imagine the White Sox pitchers are too happy with him either.

Well that's their problem Elk.  We had ours with Cora's idiotic Spring Training program this past March.  Hopefully Alex has gotten the cobwebs out and is ready to lead as he did last season.  Losing Price doesn't help since we have trash replacing him but winning this past series has to have a positive effect on our team----at least it should.