3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. Yonder Alonso (L) DH
5. Tim Anderson (R) SS
6. N. Delmonico (L) LF
7. W. Castillo (R) C
8. Yolmer Sanchez (S) 2B
9. Ryan Cordell (R) RF

longgame

Betts with the day off.  Pearce/JBJ/Leon looks like an 0 for the bottom of the lineup day too.  Could be a tough one, need the good Porcello today. 

White Sox are throwing a bullpen game.  I'm amazed that they can pay guys so much now to pitch 5 or 6 innings on a good day yet so many teams, including the Sox, can't come up with a starter about once a week now. 

Schloicka

Schloicka

Schloicka

markj

Schloicka

9-2 Red Sox going to the bottom of the 8th inning. Porcello pitched well for 6 innings. Workman in line for the win pitching a scoreless 7th. Go Red Sox.

Schloicka

Walden pitched a scoreless 8th for the Red Sox. On to the 9th with the Red Sox up 9-2.

Sea Dog 23

I winced when I saw that lineup.  Resting your stars when you're under .500, wow.  But it worked today.  Bogey with the leadership.

Schloicka

Red Sox win 9-2. Win the series 3 games to 1. Workman with the win today. On to Baltimore tomorrow.

elktonnick

Sox take series and the starters are now pitching the way they should have and would have had the had a proper spring training. 

Regarding the White Sox, that was one of the worst performances by a manager in a short series that I have seen in years.  I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the first manager fired this year.  I can't imagine the White Sox pitchers are too happy with him either.

Bill-806

YES, big victory today as the "FAKE SPRING TRAINING" is OVAAAA !!! thumb_u

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on May 05, 2019, 04:53:07 PM
Sox take series and the starters are now pitching the way they should have and would have had the had a proper spring training. 

Regarding the White Sox, that was once of the worst performances by a manager in a short series that I have seen in years.  I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the first manager fired this year.  I can't imagine the White Sox pitchers are too happy with him either.

I though the same thing.  So many times he either did nothing or the wrong thing.  Really bad managing of a really bad team,

longgame

Pick up another half game on Tampa Bay who had their game postponed.  The Yankees look like they may hold on and beat the Twins for their second win against a team with a winning record. 

Sea Dog 23

Time to make upbsome ground,  Next two series, O's are 4-6 last ten.  The Mariners are coming back to reality at a paltry  3-7.