GAME #34, SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Started by markj, May 04, 2019, 11:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on May 04, 2019, 09:26:15 PM
3K's and a dinger for Thornburg. In the balance, not bad.

Usually see hr's from the losing team since the winning teams pitcher is just throwing strikes so as not to walk people in blow out games. Good spot for Thornburg to get some extended work.

markj

Nice play by Raffy and Chavis to end it. Vazquez had a nice grab at 2B as well.

Sox need to do it again tomorrow and take this series.

Schloicka

Right now when everyone is back from the IL I'd think Pearce would be the odd man out since Chavis can play 1st base & 2nd. Holt can be the extra outfielder if needed. Will be crowded at 2nd base. Will be interesting how it goes down.

BoSoxFanNY

Well THAT was fun.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the RED Sox scored
9 runs with 2 outs in the third inning!!!!!

Our Sox are 7 - 3 in their last 10 games.
Keep it going!

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Schloicka on May 04, 2019, 09:51:54 PM
Right now when everyone is back from the IL I'd think Pearce would be the odd man out since Chavis can play 1st base & 2nd. Holt can be the extra outfielder if needed. Will be crowded at 2nd base. Will be interesting how it goes down.

The Sox picked up another 1B on waivers today.  Released by Seattle and will be placed in Portland (for depth).  So there could be some moving around from Boston and Pawsox down the road.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 05, 2019, 01:33:28 AM

The Sox picked up another 1B on waivers today.  Released by Seattle and will be placed in Portland (for depth).  So there could be some moving around from Boston and Pawsox down the road.
CONCUR...….Safe to say that SPRING TRAINING is "OVAAAA"...…  Probably will not lose another game ALL SEASON !!!!! thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Murph

I like that Cora keeps sending Thornburg out when the game is in hand. Maybe just maybe he will find what the hell is wrong and fix it. That more than likely won't happen but again there's only crap help at AAA  so why not throw him out there.

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on May 05, 2019, 08:21:29 AM
I like that Cora keeps sending Thornburg out when the game is in hand. Maybe just maybe he will find what the hell is wrong and fix it. That more than likely won't happen but again there's only crap help at AAA  so why not throw him out there.
I guess that it better than having a POSITION player hurt his arm throwing JUNK, better yet I would rather have a HUNGRY kid from the FARM get a call up & OPPORTUNITY !!! iono iono iono

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 05, 2019, 01:33:28 AM

The Seattle guy is Joey Curletta:

Red Sox claimed 1B/OF Joey Curletta off waivers from the Mariners.
Curletta, 25, has hit .245/.303/.400 with five homers this season in his first taste of Triple-A after batting .282/.383/.482 with 23 dingers at Double-A last year. He just looks like a depth addition for the Red Sox.

I don't expect he'll contribute anything to the big league club whatsoever.  I agree with George in that Pearce seems to be the odd man out as he has a one year contract so not much to eat. 

Man that was a fun game to watch!  I've never seen anything like it with so man after man coming up and getting a hit, all with two outs, and scoring 9 runs on 9 hits.