GAME #32, THURSDAY, MAY 2, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Started by markj, May 02, 2019, 12:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 03, 2019, 06:50:51 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on May 03, 2019, 05:53:36 AM
DEVERS, DEVERS, DEVERS …….  How BACKBREAKING ??  So COLD and then to watch that flub at 3rd, the PITCHERS must be pissed !!! thumb_d iono iono iono iono iono

Ah, third base, a work in progress for how many years?  Since Youkalis?
That SHAW kid was/is pretty good …..  Who did we get back for him ??  Was it THORNBERG ???????????? iono iono iono iono

longgame

Tough loss but they had so many chances to win this one.  When 3 guys get all the hits and they bat 1-2-3 it's tough to get those guys in without hits behind them.

Devers screwed a very routine play to blow this one.  Should have put Lin in to sub for him, not for Chavis. 

Brasier is 6/10 in save opportunities.  That's a big swing on the season.  Barnes looks very impressive, but I like him in this shutdown role.  If they are in contention look for a deal later in the year. 

The MVPs of the postseason are zeros today - JBJ seems to be in that phase where he gets worse.  I swear the guy needs glasses, he just doesn't see the ball.  Pearce can't even get into a game he's so awful.  But even so, you'd think that Bogey, Devers or Moreland could get a hit with men on base every time the came up. 

Sea Dog 23

Looking ahead to the reset, I think they keep Devers as a 1B/DH because of his bat in the lineup.  The 3B job goes to Chavis, who goes back to 2nd when Dalbek is ready to come up.  They probably resign Moreland for one year.  Catcher and outfield seem more questionable in one to two years.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 03, 2019, 09:49:18 AM
Looking ahead to the reset, I think they keep Devers as a 1B/DH because of his bat in the lineup.  The 3B job goes to Chavis, who goes back to 2nd when Dalbek is ready to come up.  They probably resign Moreland for one year.  Catcher and outfield seem more questionable in one to two years.
DEVERS @ 1st BASE ???? That is a SCARY thought/sight ???   iono iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Getting caught up today guys and gals.  I'm working in my local political office today and I have access to a computer so for the next two or three hours I will try and catch up with everyone.  Devers projects out to about 48-50 errors this season and there is NO way we can carry a risk like that on third for he remainder of the season, and are we sure Chavis is the guy we seem to think he is?  I sure hope so because if he is we have another RH power hitter in our lineup, someone we need very badly.   Devers might wind up at first---less of a risk here----if  the Red Sox are stupid enough to allow JD Martinez to walk after this season.  At any rate we need Chavis' bat in the lineup.  Right now we have two big holes in our lineup-----Devers defensively and Bradley offensively.  We may now have to move one or both of them for pitching help because we have no chance to win with two stiffs scheduled to be in the starting rotation for awhile.