4. Khris Davis (R) DH
5. Stephen Piscotty (R) RF
6. Kendrys Morales (S) 1B
7. Chad Pinder (R) 2B
8. Ramon Laureano (R) CF
9. Josh Phegley (R) C

Gametime Temp: 56°F  - Chance of Precip: 1%

longgame

Day game today.  Let's hope they can end this homestand with a win.

Schloicka

Didn't realize Workman (at the time I'm typing this) has given only 2 hits and hitters are hitting .054 against him. Now he just needs to keep his walks down. (Has given up 12) He'd be better off challenging the hitters instead of nibbling.

Murph

Quote from: Schloicka on May 01, 2019, 01:50:02 PM
Didn't realize Workman (at the time I'm typing this) has given only 2 hits and hitters are hitting .054 against him. Now he just needs to keep his walks down. (Has given up 12) He'd be better off challenging the hitters instead of nibbling.

His last 8  1/3 ip counting today   1h   0 er  3 bb and 11Ks.  Very Impressive. Walden for a 31 year old impressive also.

Bill-806

Starting to look like the RED SOX that we are accustomed to watching ….. Keep up the good work boys,  as DAD would say, "SON, winning is good for the soul" !!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

How many chances does Thornburg get to prove how much he sucks? 

Sea Dog 23

"Second game that 'Tharnbug' has come in and immediately gave up a big hit."  (from the voice of Castiglione, radio)

longgame

Why bother to even bring him in at this point if you just have to get someone else every time.

DFA him and save the seat on the plane.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on May 01, 2019, 02:58:46 PM
Why bother to even bring him in at this point if you just have to get someone else every time.

DFA him and save the seat on the plane.
B I N G O  DAT !!! iono iono iono iono iono thumb_d

elktonnick

Ok Sox with a great win.  So why does Cora try and give the game away by bringing Thornburg in.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.  So ............

Murph

I can see Coras thought process in throwing him in with a decent size cushion to give him innings. He now has to see that it is not working out. The other side of that is as we all know there is close to nothing at AAA..Josh Smith possibly.,

Murph

Red Sox HR leaders, May 1
1. Moreland â€" 9
2. Betts â€" 6
3. Vazquez â€" 5

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 01, 2019, 03:46:22 PM
Ok Sox with a great win.  So why does Cora try and give the game away by bringing Thornburg in.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.  So ............
Relax ALL, Thornbergs TICKET is sooooon to be PUNCHED !!! iono iono iono iono

rkarp

yes, I would assume as Nunez, PD and Holt are ready to return, Lin, Thorny and maybe Pearce are odd men out? I would think if PD and Nunez (and Chavis) are all healthy enough to play, Holt sees some extended time in Pawtaucket

Bill-806

Quote from: rkarp on May 02, 2019, 10:25:30 AM
yes, I would assume as Nunez, PD and Holt are ready to return, Lin, Thorny and maybe Pearce are odd men out? I would think if PD and Nunez (and Chavis) are all healthy enough to play, Holt sees some extended time in Pawtaucket
Actually, I think that Chavis, Pearce, & Linn are in a better place than Nunez, Holt, & Pedey……  TIME & TIDE waits for no man !!! iono iono iono