5. Stephen Piscotty (R) RF
6. Kendrys Morales (S) 1B
7. Chad Pinder (R) 2B
8. Ramon Laureano (R) CF
9. Nick Hundley (R) C

Bill-806

OK, with last nights WIN, lets keep it GOING !!! thumb_u

Sea Dog 23

The BP got a workout Monday, six of em.  Hope we don't see Workman and Velaz for awhile.

longgame

Did anyone hear why both Moreland and Pearce were out last night?  I know that Moreland has had back issues lately and maybe because Pearce and Sandy Leon must be sharing hitting tips they wanted to try something different.  I haven't heard any rumors about any of these guys. 

Sea Dog 23

With Pearce, he's slumping badly.  4 of 39 and 17 Ks, one extra base hit ( for a guy hitting bombs last year) and one rbi.

longgame

I guess Moreland's back was still sore then and they figured why lose the offense with Pearce against a righty.   Leon back in tonight so there's a hole already.  Let's hope Porcello can limit the damage.

Speaking of which, given the performance so far, the "Damage Done" sweatshirts from last year were pretty prophetic!

longgame

BTW, mentioned my daughter went to the Mets game.  It was fun because I could see her the whole time when I flipped over to it.  She was in the 4th row directly behind home.  Free food, not only delivered via waitress but you could get food from any of the concessions.  The only thing not included was beer!  She said she pigged out and they had a good game even though the Mets lost it late.  Nice to see how the other half lives! 

SeaBeachFred

If Porcello still has trouble getting outs and is tagged for too many hits, it is then conceivable that hitless Sonny Leon has not been the savior for our pitchers as Dombrowski and Cora have tried to sell us.  There has got to be another catcher available who can hit 200 or better that can replace him.   Good to see Bradley  get hits in successive games but not for the reason many of you think.    Maybe he will have some trade value if he gets some hits here and there and we can use him and some others for trades for relievers who can relieve.  And Pearce will never hit if he is chained to the bench.  He needs at-bats to regain his sharpness.  Good to see they are giving Chavis an opportunity to play some second base.  If Travis Shaw and  that guy on the Dodgers can play second then so can Chavis.   The guy gives us another  RH power hitter and you guys all know how I like right handed power hitting----especially with all the lefties we will be facing this season.

Murph

With shoulder impingement Holt being shut down for the time being.

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on April 30, 2019, 04:29:02 PM
With shoulder impingement Holt being shut down for the time being.
Like SAND thru the HOURGLASS, so are the DAYS of his BASEBALL DAYS !!!!

Murph

Here comes Mr Betts. Bomb in 1st. 11 for 26 in last 7 games.

longgame

Betts has looked good lately and that is the spark they need.  What’s nice tonight is getting runs from different people.  Usually this year it’s one guy that gets hot.

Pitching has been good tonight too so far at least.  I’d love to see Porcello get another couple of innings in. 

longgame

Nice job by Porcello tonight.  Very much needed to hopefully stabilize things.  Gives the pen the night off and sets a standard for the other guys.  Thornburg may yet make this interesting, oops, he just did, gave up a homer.  God this guy sucks!  Eck is killing himself for saying how they held the A’s to no HRs on the night, lol. 

Anyhow, assuming Thornburg can finish this out they really need to win tomorrow and get a streak going before they hit the road.  Hopefully they’ll show some life in that game as these day games and getaway days have been pretty bad for them this year. 

elktonnick

Cora and Dombrowski please tell us why Tyler Thornburg is still on this team.

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on April 30, 2019, 08:40:03 PM
Cora and Dombrowski please tell us why Tyler Thornburg is still on this team.

This. What is wrong with them? Are they blind or just willfully ignorant?