GAME #100, SUNDAY, JULY 21, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Schloicka, July 20, 2019, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

I hope we all now agree that the Red Sox circa 2019 are as done as an overcooked piece of pork.  Last night and today showed the fluctuations that has become a hallmark of the 2019 edition.  Today it looked like it was too hot to make any kid of concerted effort to after that career minor league pitcher and decided to just take the afternoon off.  For various and sundry reasons our team has just not be able to answer the bell for any type of extended period this year and, worse, have been mushed around by teams that we ought put a beat on----but haven't.  The aim before the season even started was to stay under the LT and the tam adhered to it, but never did they think the players would so under perform.  Make your vacation plans for the Fall Red Sox because you have been mentally eliminated from the race----and after the TB and NY series it will be spiritually too.  YOU"RE TOAST!!!!!!

Once again I reiterate what I have said all along.  The blame for this debacle started the beginning of Spring Training when Alfred E. Cora decided a slow and easy training period would keep the team strong and instead of doing that all it idd was make the players take on the same mindset and play like they were having a friendly game at the neighborhood park.

Sea Dog 23

I read that the club agreed to keep the guys at the hotel until two hours before the game at Camden Yards --- stayed out of the heat.  They came on the bus in shorts, beach hats and clogs for their trip to Tampa. They did have to suit up after they got to the park.  Are these FO decisions for casual dress?  Timing not good for the beach garb.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2019/07/21/red-sox-need-turn-this-season-around-hurry/QggHjIW5YVL37ZGTeFEeNO/story.html

elktonnick

In XBogaerts interview with Bradford he said that Manager relaxed the dress code.  Now I am old fashioned enough and having served in the Army  and ran several large operations I see the attitude of sloppy dress carrying over to the workplace.  I believe there is a correlation between sloppy off  the field behavior being carried over to the playing field.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 21, 2019, 07:55:53 PM
I read that the club agreed to keep the guys at the hotel until two hours before the game at Camden Yards --- stayed out of the heat.  They came on the bus in shorts, beach hats and clogs for their trip to Tampa. They did have to suit up after they got to the park.  Are these FO decisions for casual dress?  Timing not good for the beach garb.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2019/07/21/red-sox-need-turn-this-season-around-hurry/QggHjIW5YVL37ZGTeFEeNO/story.html

A good recipe Sea Dog for mailing it in.  They were babied in ST; why change now.  Besides the players have apparently grown to like being treated with kid gloves insteads of a little tough love. And read what Elk wrote after your missive.  It pretty well amplifies what most of us have been saying.

Bill-806

& Now on MONDAY morning, I am wondering if yesterday was a BAD DREAM ????? thumb_d iono iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 22, 2019, 08:07:21 AM
& Now on MONDAY morning, I am wondering if yesterday was a BAD DREAM ????? thumb_d iono iono iono iono

This whole season is shaping up as a bad dream----nay, a nightmare!!!!!!