GAME #100, SUNDAY, JULY 21, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Schloicka, July 20, 2019, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on July 21, 2019, 01:15:04 PM
Asher Wojciechowski looks very impressive with his 5.7 era. Future ace material.At least while facing the dead sox.
FUTURE ALL STAR …….. Actually, ME THINKS that our BELOVED RED SOX would rather be on a plane to TAMPA BAY !!  Can't take the HEAT & are sleep walking thru this game !!!!   D D needs to shake up this ROSTER, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!! iono iono iono

markj

SeaBeachFred

I warned everyone last night that we could come up dry today after a big outbreak last night.  No one should be surprised, should they??????  They have done this countless times this season and it points out what I've been saying all along----we are not the stuff of a contending team and it is foolhardy IMHO for Dombrowski to go out and get a pack of hired guns while we choke off the developments of our younger players or trade what few good prospects that we have.  Sorry guys but WE ARE DONE......AND FOR MANY REASONS.

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 21, 2019, 02:01:07 PM
I warned everyone last night that we could come up dry today after a big outbreak last night.  No one should be surprised, should they??????  They have done this countless times this season and it points out what I've been saying all along----we are not the stuff of a contending team and it is foolhardy IMHO for Dombrowski to go out and get a pack of hired guns while we choke off the developments of our younger players or trade what few good prospects that we have.  Sorry guys but WE ARE DONE......AND FOR MANY REASONS.

The only hired guns as you would say would be the type that Cashner is. I have said this since day 1 that the FO made a commitment to stay under the 246 LT and I applaud them for staying under.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on July 21, 2019, 12:13:42 PM
Quote from: Murph on July 21, 2019, 11:55:51 AM
Curious to see if there is anything said that Chavis is out due to a sore back.

I know he came out of Saturdays game with what I thought was a tight calf but it could be the back. They did say last night he was going to be day to day.

It was the back. 

Sea Dog 23

Raffy breaks up the no-no, but we forgot how to score a run.  Simply amazing.

longgame

We traded for the wrong Orioles pitcher!

This guy has been on fire today, he's hitting spots and commanding unlike the Sox pitchers.  The only chance is to get to their pen. 

elktonnick

The Os pitcher Wojwhatshisname is a career minor leaguer.  The Sox have lost any real competitive fire. 

Murph

Hard to figure out sports . A bum with a 5.7 era comes in and embarrasses the BEST HITTING TEAM IN ALL OF BASEBALL.

elktonnick

Quote from: Murph on July 21, 2019, 02:24:53 PM
Hard to figure out sports . A bum with a 5.7 era comes in and embarrasses the BEST HITTING TEAM IN ALL OF BASEBALL.

Its hot so the team decided it was too hot to overly exert themselves. In keeping with Mgr. Newman's philosophy annuciated in ST they are saving themselves for a late Sept. stretch run!!!!!

Bill-806

PA/THET/IC  !!!!!    Take this team apart, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!  Can't stand what this team $TAND$ for ??? thumb_d thumb_d sigh sigh sigh sigh :losers :losers :losers :losers

Murph

Quote from: elktonnick on July 21, 2019, 02:42:59 PM

Its hot so the team decided it was too hot to overly exert themselves. In keeping with Mgr. Newman's philosophy annuciated in ST they are saving themselves for a late Sept. stretch run!!!!!

Will, that Sept run be in 2020?