GAME #98, FRIDAY, JULY 19, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Schloicka, July 18, 2019, 04:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Great pitching tonight.  Our only chance is to get this starter out and get to the terrible O’s pen.

elktonnick

Price looked uncomfortable from the first pitch.  Orioles are making the Sox look pathetic. 

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on July 19, 2019, 08:07:03 PM
Price looked uncomfortable from the first pitch.  Orioles are making the Sox look pathetic. 

No, the Sox are pathetic.

elktonnick

Quote from: markj on July 19, 2019, 08:07:37 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on July 19, 2019, 08:07:03 PM

No, the Sox are pathetic.
I knew after I posted that would be the reply. :)

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on July 19, 2019, 03:38:08 PM
No Beni no Brock what the hell is going ON  in  Coras  AIRHEAD.

For the record, when I saw the lineup tonight I decided it was no reason to tune in on my computer.  It was like pre-ordained that this would be a bummer.  Of course Price was terrible tonight but look at that lineup.  Once again he keeps a 350 hitter on the bench because Alfred E. Newman thinks he cannot hit left handed pitchers even though the proof of that is scanty at best.  We have a 187 hitter catching, a slumping CF back in the lineup and Cora's mishandling of our LF continued unabated.  Alex Cora has just about undon e all the good he accomplished last year.  He has inherited that disease called HUBRIs that affected Francona in his later years and destroyed Farrell soon after 2013.  Is it the water or climate of Boston that results in our managers going completely bonkers and off the rails?  Suggestion my friend and others out there.....just enjoy the wins we can manage because this season is over as far as post season is concerned  This whole ensemble has been a sick joke since Day 1 and tonight we are humiliated by the worst team in the league while What Me Worry clings to his dogma and wonders what he can do to help the people of Puerto Rico instead of his team and fans.

markj

Doesn't get much worse than this. Sox are getting spanked by a minor league team. Error after error, horrible pitching, and no offense. If the Sox were a low budget team, I could deal with this. But considering they're bumping up against the LT, this is ridiculous.

markj

What a sorry-ass game that was. Sox are going nowhere this season. They can't even beat the lowly Orioles. By the time the Rays and Yanks series are over, the Sox will be close to mathematical elimination.

SeaBeachFred

This is no joke my friends.  Just a couple of minutes to go I went into our living room whee my wife was watching Wheel of Fortune when I threw down a towel right next to where she was seated.  Linda understood immediately and so should the rest of you.  This season is toast.  We are not only not going to win the division, we aren't going to the playoffs at all.  All we can do is relish the games we win from here on in and hope we can finally finish about 10 games above 500.  Our starting staff is bleeding, our offense never hits in sync, the bullpen is a mess and the manager has his head cleanly us his tush.  That's a recipe for failure and, sorry to say, we need to acknowledge that so at least all of us can enjoy the rest of our summer instead of being consumed with a hope that is not going to come.  Sorry my friends but I think that is a essence of things right now.  This team isn't going anywhere but home in October.

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 19, 2019, 09:57:09 PM
This is no joke my friends.  Just a couple of minutes to go I went into our living room whee my wife was watching Wheel of Fortune when I threw down a towel right next to where she was seated.  Linda understood immediately and so should the rest of you.  This season is toast.  We are not only not going to win the division, we aren't going to the playoffs at all.  All we can do is relish the games we win from here on in and hope we can finally finish about 10 games above 500.  Our starting staff is bleeding, our offense never hits in sync, the bullpen is a mess and the manager has his head cleanly us his tush.  That's a recipe for failure and, sorry to say, we need to acknowledge that so at least all of us can enjoy the rest of our summer instead of being consumed with a hope that is not going to come.  Sorry my friends but I think that is a essence of things right now.  This team isn't going anywhere but home in October.

Agreed. Write the season off and savor the victories as they happen.

elktonnick

Once again the Red Sox looked listless and flat.  JD Martinez looked lethargic both at the plate and in the field.  Price looked uncomfortable from his first pitch and he pitched as if he didn't want to be there.  Apparently after he was removed the manager accompanied him down into the clubhouse and he missed a few batters.  What was that all about ?   I am telling you something is rotten in Denmark and it isn't the Aebleflæsk. 

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on July 20, 2019, 07:47:51 AM
Once again the Red Sox looked listless and flat.  JD Martinez looked lethargic both at the plate and in the field.  Price looked uncomfortable from his first pitch and he pitched as if he didn't want to be there.  Apparently after he was removed the manager accompanied him down into the clubhouse and he missed a few batters.  What was that all about ?   I am telling you something is rotten in Denmark and it isn't the Aebleflæsk.
B I N G O dat !! PRICE is SO PREDICTABLE and the HITTERS just go WITH the PITCH..... KEEP them OFF THE PLATE ??  I am tired of SEEING  BIG $$$$$$$$ players turning in CRAP performances…. BASBALL needs to figure it out !! thumb_d iono iono iono

Murph

Quote from: markj on July 19, 2019, 10:57:04 PM

EXACTLY .I laugh at fans and media that still want and expect major changes.WHY to play 1 game and go home makes no sense. Sox fans won't  quit rooting or watching but MOST know it's been over for awhile. Let's hope the FO knows the same and don't  make a senseless trade. I would think come the meetings they will start a minor reset by offering 1 or 2 regulars to reset the LT bill..

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 20, 2019, 08:26:09 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on July 20, 2019, 07:47:51 AM
B I N G O dat !! PRICE is SO PREDICTABLE and the HITTERS just go WITH the PITCH..... KEEP them OFF THE PLATE ??  I am tired of SEEING  BIG $$$$$$$$ players turning in CRAP performances…. BASBALL needs to figure it out !! thumb_d iono iono iono
Looks like PRICE has the RED SOX "by the $$$$$$$$$$$"  !!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

Quote from: Murph on July 20, 2019, 10:08:59 AM
Quote from: markj on July 19, 2019, 10:57:04 PM

EXACTLY .I laugh at fans and media that still want and expect major changes.WHY to play 1 game and go home makes no sense. Sox fans won't  quit rooting or watching but MOST know it's been over for awhile. Let's hope the FO knows the same and don't  make a senseless trade. I would think come the meetings they will start a minor reset by offering 1 or 2 regulars to reset the LT bill..

I don't see that happening.

longgame

They are clearly still in the Wild Card race and the FO thinks they have a team that can get hot.  I just don't see any evidence of that happening.  It seems that they can never fire on all cylinders.  Sale goes great, Price has some kind of meltdown.  I'd like to know more about the long conversation in the tunnel but I doubt we will find out.

As for the lineup, I doubt Holt would have driven in 10 runs.  Probably not bad in the big picture to give Mookie a night off from the field and Means has been very tough on lefties - which was evidenced by at bats by Devers in particular.  Martinez is the guy who needs some time off and probably will set against a righty soon.  Beni has an OPS of about .600 so he's not hitting and he's not slugging and he's looked poor in the field.  Travis contributed more than Beni would have.