GAME #93, SUNDAY, JULY 14, 2019, L.A. DODGERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, July 13, 2019, 10:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Symbolic of the Sox pitching.  Velazquez giving 3 runs, 2 hits, 2 BB (1 with bases loaded), obstruction.  Kelly with the save in a clean inning. Kelly was replaced by some n'erdo'wells, although his ERA  is hovering about 7 this year.

Another pitcher going only 5 once again exposes our BP, already gassed this year.  Good bye Levangie.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on July 14, 2019, 07:20:36 PM
These ESPN announcers keep getting worse.  They're breathless.  They never stop talking but don't say anything worth listening to, amazing.
B I N G O  DAT !!! They are soooo bad !!! thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d sigh sigh sigh :losers :losers :losers :losers

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 14, 2019, 06:42:14 PM
The Sox have bigger problems than Nunez at 2B.   iono
ALERT, ALERT, just hit the ball to DEVERS LEFT …..Can't move !! iono iono iono

Bill-806

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on July 14, 2019, 11:14:59 PM
Sox continue their sloppy play.
AS DAD would say,  "SON, DUMB UNINSPIRED DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM BASEBALL" !! iono iono iono

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on July 15, 2019, 05:30:49 AM
At least, three mental errors that won't appear in score card cost the Red Sox the ball game, one by the third base coach in sending Devers, one by the Manager in not bunting  JBJ to third and finally JBJs brain dead attempt to go to third on a ground ball in front of him.  The obstruction call against Velasquez was another unforced error.  There more instances of questionable moves but these illustrate just how much this team is suffering from its lack of paying attention to detail this season.

IMO this state of affairs can all be laid squarely in the manager's lap who has not gotten this team ready to play mentally sharp baseball since day one.
D D,  MAKE CHANGES NOW , GRASSHOPPER !!!! iono iono

Bill-806

With a HEAVY HEART,  I must say …… "NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVEON.ORG"  thumb_d thumb_d

elktonnick

The lead article in today's Herald on the Red Sox game last night begins with, "Alex Cora didn't seem to think....."  I didn't need to read any further that pretty much said it all.

longgame

At least, three mental errors that won't appear in score card cost the Red Sox the ball game, one by the third base coach in sending Devers, one by the Manager in not bunting  JBJ to third and finally JBJs brain dead attempt to go to third on a ground ball in front of him.  The obstruction call against Velasquez was another unforced error.  There more instances of questionable moves but these illustrate just how much this team is suffering from its lack of paying attention to detail this season.

IMO this state of affairs can all be laid squarely in the manager's lap who has not gotten this team ready to play mentally sharp baseball since day one.

I don't have a problem with them sending Devers, but I have no idea why Hernandez, who laid down a nice bunt in the previous at bat, wasn't bunting again.  Also, JBJ made an error that you learn about when you're a kid - you don't run when the ball is in front of you.  Not sure what he was thinking, but the combo of the last two cost them the game.

longgame

Velazquez was brutal to watch - as was most of that game from innings 2 through 7.  Plus, the worst part about a game that long was that it was on ESPN.  A-Rod does this annoying thing where he tries to say something snappy and it just comes off as contrived every time.  I find these broadcasts are the evening version of a major network morning show.  Lots of bad lines, forced jokes and no real value being imparted.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on July 15, 2019, 08:24:43 AM
Velazquez was brutal to watch - as was most of that game from innings 2 through 7.  Plus, the worst part about a game that long was that it was on ESPN.  A-Rod does this annoying thing where he tries to say something snappy and it just comes off as contrived every time.  I find these broadcasts are the evening version of a major network morning show.  Lots of bad lines, forced jokes and no real value being imparted.
CONCUR …….  ESPN crew was worse than the game !!! :losers :losers :losers :losers

SeaBeachFred

A rotten bunch of filthy chokers, a manager who has completely gone of the rails with his astounding stupidity and a team that played a dumb a game as could; be imagined.  Screw them, the rotten gutless bastards.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 15, 2019, 01:05:59 PM
A rotten bunch of filthy chokers, a manager who has completely gone of the rails with his astounding stupidity and a team that played a dumb a game as could; be imagined.  Screw them, the rotten gutless bastards.
FRED, Dust off the "res/u/may" John Henry may be calling ?? iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 15, 2019, 06:44:00 AM

D D,  MAKE CHANGES NOW , GRASSHOPPER !!!! iono iono
BREAKING NEWS ……. NUNEZ , GONE,  D F A  …… VELEQEZ  to I/95 PAWTUCKET …….  YES, GRASSHOPPER !!!! thumb_u thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 15, 2019, 06:20:59 AM
Symbolic of the Sox pitching.  Velazquez giving 3 runs, 2 hits, 2 BB (1 with bases loaded), obstruction.  Kelly with the save in a clean inning. Kelly was replaced by some n'erdo'wells, although his ERA  is hovering about 7 this year.

Another pitcher going only 5 once again exposes our BP, already gassed this year.  Good bye Levangie.

The indictment against Levangie is that our pitchers have not gotten better this season.....not at all.  Sale keep[s talking about trying to find his good release point but he hasn't and I won der no more if our pitching coach has been helpful in that regard and we all know the answer to that and to what is up with Porcello, and what is up with Price and so on and so forth.  Levangei must be canned at the end of the season, if not before, and replaced by a coach who kn ows pitching and how to tutor pitchers when they slump.  Yes, pitcher can have slumps just like hit ters but in our case there seems to be no improvement amongst any of them.