GAME #92, SATURDAY, JULY 13, 2019, L.A. DODGERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, July 13, 2019, 10:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 14, 2019, 11:54:31 AM
Devers has turned it around incredibly on defense.  It's now a matter of where you get excited when its hit to him because you expect him to make the big play.  The opposite is Benitendi who just keeps misplaying balls, diving for ones he can't get and not really getting it done at the plate.  I like the kid, but he's become a liability this season. 

But it's all going to begin and end with Chris Sale, the elephant in the room.  Can there be much question that Dana Lavangie has the opposite of the Midas touch?  Turning a great pitcher into a nothing in a couple of years.  I'm really down on this guy as it seems like an easy fix - get any one of the 100s of pitching coaches across baseball at all levels who were major league pitchers.

The bullpen still shows no sign of relief, pun intended, especially with Wright as a big part of the fix.  But hey, Eovaldi will be ready to blow saves in a few weeks.

Suggestion----I would put Benintendi back at the number two spot in the order and put Devers either fourth or fifth where he could drive in a hell of a lot more runs and we would take advantage of his power. Benny did very well in the No. 2 slot all last season and Cora's move for him into the leadoff spot was a disaster and now he is fifth and doing little.  Put him back in his comfort zone and watch his whole game improve.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 14, 2019, 02:20:08 PM
Quote from: longgame on July 14, 2019, 11:54:31 AM
Devers has turned it around incredibly on defense.  It's now a matter of where you get excited when its hit to him because you expect him to make the big play.  The opposite is Benitendi who just keeps misplaying balls, diving for ones he can't get and not really getting it done at the plate.  I like the kid, but he's become a liability this season. 

But it's all going to begin and end with Chris Sale, the elephant in the room.  Can there be much question that Dana Lavangie has the opposite of the Midas touch?  Turning a great pitcher into a nothing in a couple of years.  I'm really down on this guy as it seems like an easy fix - get any one of the 100s of pitching coaches across baseball at all levels who were major league pitchers.

The bullpen still shows no sign of relief, pun intended, especially with Wright as a big part of the fix.  But hey, Eovaldi will be ready to blow saves in a few weeks.

Suggestion----I would put Benintendi back at the number two spot in the order and put Devers either fourth or fifth where he could drive in a hell of a lot more runs and we would take advantage of his power. Benny did very well in the No. 2 slot all last season and Cora's move for him into the leadoff spot was a disaster and now he is fifth and doing little.  Put him back in his comfort zone and watch his whole game improve.
Not sure I would entertain that …… Yes, Benni looks "off" a bit, however, Mookie & DEVERS are a heck of a  ONE ? TWO ?? One thing for sure, TIME is running out for the CORA MAGIC of last year... iono iono