5. Max Muncy (L) 1B
6. A.J. Pollock (R) CF
7. Alex Verdugo (L) LF
8. Enrique Hernandez (R) 2B
9. Austin Barnes (R) C

Gametime Temp: 79°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

longgame

Three at home with the Dodgers who will be looking to beat up on the Sox and make a statement.  I don't know if the Sox will be up for it, but it's now or never.  They have these three, then a chance to get fat with 7 against Toronto and Baltimore.  Then it's that decisive two week run against TB and NY.  The Yankees have a long homestand before they come to Boston for the first time all season.  That's kind of hard to believe.  But the Sox need to gain ground in those two weeks or it's over.  They can either get within about 5, or at least get well past the Rays, or they can pack it in for the rest of the year.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 12, 2019, 10:07:13 AM
Three at home with the Dodgers who will be looking to beat up on the Sox and make a statement.  I don't know if the Sox will be up for it, but it's now or never.  They have these three, then a chance to get fat with 7 against Toronto and Baltimore.  Then it's that decisive two week run against TB and NY.  The Yankees have a long homestand before they come to Boston for the first time all season.  That's kind of hard to believe.  But the Sox need to gain ground in those two weeks or it's over.  They can either get within about 5, or at least get well past the Rays, or they can pack it in for the rest of the year.

This Dodger series is the key.  If we lose it or get swept those seven games against Toronto and Baltimore won't mean crap.  We have to win this series---and frankly I'm tired of having tams we beat last year to get to the Title getting back at us this season.  The Yanks are 6-1 against us and we pissed two "home dates" in London for that???  The Astros took our measure in the series we played them.  ENOUGH  OF THA T.  IT IS TIME FOR US TO RETURN SERVE AND TAKE THEM TO THE WOODSHED.  This series is very very very important.  Wake up Mookie and Co.  Time to shit or get off the pot.

Bill-806

Murph

41-31 to get to 90 W. Possible but don`t put to much coin on it.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on July 12, 2019, 04:53:59 PM
41-31 to get to 90 W. Possible but don`t put to much coin on it.

It starts tonight Murph, and I hope our snoozing pitching coach Dana LaVange has warned Nibble E-Rod to go after the batter tonight.  The Dodgers have been excellent this season working the  count and driving up pitch counts.  We cannot afford to play their game. E-Rod must stop nibbling and not be afraid to throw  that damn baseball and challenge their hitters.  The Dodgers are playing like we did last season and only a top notch effort can stop them, and, besides, we need to start winning more consistently at Fenway Park to make up for our shameful performance there in the first half.  Look, we either have it or not.  This  hangover has gone on long enough.  We're better than that I think.  Time to show it STARTING TONIGHT.

elktonnick

Murph

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on July 12, 2019, 06:24:40 PM
E-Rod pitching is like a trip to the dentist.

At least after the dentist you realize it was necessary!

Schloicka

Good game. Pitching and hitting were both good. On to Saturday.

SeaBeachFred

No complaints about tonight guys.  We were the better team out there this evening and for a minute I thought we might be back to last October.  The Dodgers are tough, want to beat us in the worst way and want to go all the way this season.  They may even do i t but they must not at our expense.  It looked that at least tonight they might still be vulnerable against good left handed pitching and say what you will E-Rod was pretty good tonight---and we hit when we had to.  Now let's take this series tomorrow.  Let the Dodgers get hot when they return to Los Angeles because then it would mean absolutely nothing to us.  Nine games over 500 now and let's keep this going.  No let downs the rest of the series.

Murph

Erod pitched so strangely good I would not be surprised to see MLB send him for a PEE TEST.

Bill-806

The BOYS are back ….SWAGGER IN THEIR STEP ………  The VAUNTED DODGERS !!!!  Keep it going, BOYS !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

Quote from: Murph on July 13, 2019, 06:55:18 AM
Erod pitched so strangely good I would not be surprised to see MLB send him for a PEE TEST.

After a rocky first two innings, he grew in confidence and pitched up to his potential. 

Murph

Quote from: elktonnick on July 13, 2019, 08:06:54 AM
Quote from: Murph on July 13, 2019, 06:55:18 AM

After a rocky first two innings, he grew in confidence and pitched up to his potential.
Which  he rarely  does!