5. Jeimer Candelario (S) 3B
6. Niko Goodrum (S) 2B
7. Christin Stewart (L) LF
8. John Hicks (R) C
9. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

Bill-806

Thanks ALEX, you must of received my call on the LINEUP !!!  Get this game TODAY !!! thumb_u

markj

Looks like Price is done with 99 pitches through 5 innings. Not exactly efficient. Too much of the game left, especially with this BP.

Sea Dog 23

Tiger pitcher uncorks a wild pitch allowing a JD run.  Is a 5 run lead gonna be enough?  The story of this season.

Bill-806

Rays over YANKS, AGAIN......Two in a row !!!!   thumb_u

elktonnick

Why do the Sox relievers have an inordinate fear to pitch to contact and throw strikes.

Schloicka

Price with the win. (Now 7-2) Hembree with the save. Sox face the Dodgers next on July 12th.

SeaBeachFred

We swept the Tigers, one team whose rebuilding program has hit a bad snag, but as usual we couldn't count on our bullpen to hold serve and instead made game nail biters by their total ineptness. I will say Taylor today looked good but here's the question---COULD HE DO THIS DO GAMES IN A ROW????????  That would be a refreshing change of pace since we know the rest of them can't.  But we are eight games over 500 for the first time this season and I suppose we ought to at least be happy about that even though we have chronically underachieved this season up to now.

BoSoxFanNY

A win is a win.
Nice to go into the All Star Break with a 4 game winning streak.

WHY does David Price only seem to be able to pitch 5 innings?

Our starting pitchers need to go at least 7 innings -
the bullpen is overworked.

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 07, 2019, 10:04:51 PM
A win is a win.
Nice to go into the All Star Break with a 4 game winning streak.

WHY does David Price only seem to be able to pitch 5 innings?

Our starting pitchers need to go at least 7 innings -
the bullpen is overworked.
B I N G O dat !!!!   D D knows it too ……..  As DAD would say, "SON, those pitchers have way to much $$$$$$$ in their POCKETS" !!!! iono iono iono

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on July 07, 2019, 03:41:34 PM
Why do the Sox relievers have an inordinate fear to pitch to contact and throw strikes.

I imagine I was thinking the same thing when you posted this.  I simply don't get it. I can get trying to get a guy to chase on 0-2, but after that, try to get something he can't square up but has to swing.  This is basic pitching.  I think they worry more about what they're going to throw than where to throw it. 

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on July 08, 2019, 09:15:20 AM

I imagine I was thinking the same thing when you posted this.  I simply don't get it. I can get trying to get a guy to chase on 0-2, but after that, try to get something he can't square up but has to swing.  This is basic pitching.  I think they worry more about what they're going to throw than where to throw it.

It is so endemic that one wonders what the pitching coach is telling these guys.  Needless to say I am not a fan of his approach toward pitching strategy.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on July 08, 2019, 10:13:03 AM

It is so endemic that one wonders what the pitching coach is telling these guys.  Needless to say I am not a fan of his approach toward pitching strategy.

Exactly, if it's strategy, the coach should be fired.  If it's execution across the entire staff, the coach should be fired.  Something stinks.  It just doesn't make sense given the state of the game these days.  Chances are the hitter will miss the pitch.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on July 08, 2019, 11:11:24 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on July 08, 2019, 10:13:03 AM

Exactly, if it's strategy, the coach should be fired.  If it's execution across the entire staff, the coach should be fired.  Something stinks.  It just doesn't make sense given the state of the game these days.  Chances are the hitter will miss the pitch.

Eduardo Nunez has the best WHIPof any Red Sox pitcher with a 1.00  rofl