GAME #89, SATURDAY, JULY 6, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ DETROIT TIGERS

Started by Schloicka, July 06, 2019, 08:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 09, 2019, 08:36:31 AM
Quote from: rkarp on July 08, 2019, 11:41:44 AM
I think a pen that consists of Wright, Hembree, Barnes, Eavoldi and Brazier has the potential to be top 5 in baseball
it is up to Cora and the starting P's to keep them fresh/effective
it will be challenging, as DD did not get them a true closer
simply put, if Sale and Porcello can find there "normal", and Johnson is healthy enough to take the ball every 5th day, this team will be in the wild card, and once in, anything can happen

I think the return of Hembree and Wright could be positives, but they can't wait forever for Eovaldi to return.  They've got that two weeks I've been talking about coming up.  We need someone on Thursday, not some point later in the season.

You think right Ted.  IF Wright regains his control and form he could be a big asset and I think Hembree has the stuff; it just amazes me that he still hasn't fully pieced together his total game with the stuff he has.  Something is still holding him back and I hope he finds it because we could use a good Hembree going out there and holding serve while we win some close games.

elktonnick

Watch Hembree pitch.  He borders on indecision and a lack of confidence in his stuff.  He never looks like he is in command on the mound.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 09, 2019, 04:56:38 PM
Watch Hembree pitch.  He borders on indecision and a lack of confidence in his stuff.  He never looks like he is in command on the mound.

Could be Elk.  Something is holding him back and that could be as good a reach as anything.  It might help with some tough love or TLC from his ghost of a pitching coach.  I wonder what he sees.

rkarp

Quote from: elktonnick on July 09, 2019, 04:56:38 PM

Hembree has no secondary pitches. never has. he is a fastball only pitcher. he tops out at 94/95. unless he is locating his fastball with precision, he is hit-able. that has been his mo... always