RED SOX

Rick Porcello (R)

Lineup Pending

TIGERS

Jordan Zimmermann (R)

Lineup Pending

Gametime Temp: 82°F
Chance of Precip: 20%

Just wondering Ted if Porcello can go out there and not give up a dozen hits and become a human pinata again.  He needs to finally nail it down and give us some solid starting pitching-----like how about a seven inning stalwart performance that leads to a win for us.  He hasn't pitched worth a damn most of the year and we can sure use a few good games from him.  I think that would be swell.

Bill-806

RAFFY DEVERS is making MOOKIE look good, AGAIN !!!  Also, with his #11, looking more like FRANK MALZONE at 3rd base ?????  Go get them BOYS !!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Porcello is in a lose-lose situation. He's in a contract year.  Mgt. I understand has dismissed his attempts to get an offer.  If he doesnt get his  game back on track, he'd be lucky to get half his current salary elsewhere.

Schloicka

And the game is finally under way. 4 hours late. Sox up 2-0 after 1/2 an inning.

Sea Dog 23

Noisy bats by the Sox.  Mookie and Chavis doing work with Devers bringing Mookie home,

markj

markj

Sox are going to blow this. BP time and 2 runs is not enough.

elktonnick

One could see that Porcello was losing it in the sixth.  His breaking balls weren't as sharp as earlier.  I have my own theories as to why he isn't as effective as last year and before but that's for another time.  Once again the manager waited too long to pull him.  In one sense it is understandable given how poorly the pen has been.

elktonnick

Manager Neuman decides to pinch hit Nunez for Holt who had 2 hits,  Replacing Holt's defense for Nunez's to me is a risky move.  Let's see if it backfires.

markj

Betts with a long at bat. Can't hit anything into fair territory, though.

Murph

Porcello with each outing making the FO already made decision to say goodbye a very easy one.

markj

Finally walks. Bases loaded, one out. Need more runs here. At least Raffy's up. Maybe he can handle this.

markj

markj

Argh, classic Red Sox GIDP with bases loaded ends the scoring chance.