GAME #88, FRIDAY, JULY 5, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ DETROIT TIGERS

Started by Schloicka, July 05, 2019, 07:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on July 05, 2019, 10:44:29 PM
Only 2 earned runs given up tonight so far.

My point exactly. Not the level of play you should expect from this team.

markj

Attaboy, Xander. 3-run dinger. Now we'll see if the useless BP can hold a 4 run led this time.

markj

JD swings at the crappiest pitches. I'm amazed he has a BA near .300.

markj

Barnes with a clean inning. More runs would be good. Who is going to close?

markj

markj

A win is a win, but it's sad that the Sox need to score 9 or 10 runs to beat mediocre teams.

Schloicka

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on July 05, 2019, 11:39:59 PM
E-Rod with the win. On to Saturday they go.

Must drive Sale nuts that E-Rod has so many wins despite the Sox giving up runs.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on July 05, 2019, 11:38:14 PM
A win is a win, but it's sad that the Sox need to score 9 or 10 runs to beat mediocre teams.
B I N G O  dat  !!!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 05, 2019, 11:20:27 PM
Barnes with a clean inning. More runs would be good. Who is going to close?

Yippee I O Kai A markj---finally a clean inning from one of our miserable relief pitchers.  Good to see that when the Tigers got back in the game (thanks Walden, you turd), we came back and took charge again (thank you Xander--you've shut me up about your clutch hitting; you're doing great in that area so please keep it up).  Keep in mind though that there are some teams we should beat pretty much most of the time and that we need to capitalize more on if we want any chance to get a Wild Card this Fall.  Sorry the AL East is gone with the wind.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 06, 2019, 12:25:06 AM

Must drive Sale nuts that E-Rod has so many wins despite the Sox giving up runs.

Well it's driving me nuts that Sale is pitching so poorly.  How about him starting to look like Chris Sale and not Manny Delcarmen and then he can pop off and I can shut up.

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 06, 2019, 10:48:45 AM
Quote from: markj on July 06, 2019, 12:25:06 AM

Well it's driving me nuts that Sale is pitching so poorly.  How about him starting to look like Chris Sale and not Manny Delcarmen and then he can pop off and I can shut up.

Can not figure out why they jumped so fast to extend him .If they waited till say May they would not have done what they did. Will he pitch like an ACE in 2020? Maybe no one can answer that question.