GAME #87, THURSDAY, JULY 4, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Schloicka, July 04, 2019, 10:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Agree.  There are just too many holes,  2B, 1B, weak catcher mumbojumbo, pitching in disarray.  These are the things you address in January, not July, if you want to be a contender.  In the end Cora will be looking at some new bench coaches as some of you have said.  This crew simply cannot be allowed to lay the groundwork again next spring.  And maybe the best solution is ship out some down in the dumps stars for some fresh returns right now while their value is worth a good return deal.

Murph

Quote from: markj on July 04, 2019, 11:10:12 PM
Ain't happenin', Fred. This "comeback" win tonight was against the lowly Jays. We barely won. This team does not have what it takes to compete with TB or NYY. Simple as that. We will not be playing October baseball.

If we do end up in the post-season and do well, I will certainly come back and enjoy a crow-eating post. But I don't see that happening.

Absolutely correct. Thinking otherwise only turns a fan into a dreamer.

elktonnick

Chavis is proving himself more than adequate as a defensive 1at baseman who like Devers will blossom if the manager doesn't screw him up by moving around the infield.

The real issue is pitching.  If I were DD  I would be searching for the next Dave Duncan to revamp the club's pitching regime from soup to nuts.  The bullpen obviously needs a major overhaul.  Some where along the way they have to re emphasize pitching to contact and how to do it properly.  Pirelli was an excellent pitcher when he emphasized his sinker to induce ground ball outs.  The worst thing that happened to him is he now wants to strike everyone out.

Bill-806

As  JIMMY DOLITTLE would say, "VICTORY GOES TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN IT THE MOST, BELIEVE THE LONGEST"  !!!!!  GO SOX !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl