GAME #87, THURSDAY, JULY 4, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Schloicka, July 04, 2019, 10:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Can you believe what we're seeing tonight.  Between that bum Velasquez who should have been given his walking papers last season and this Colton Brewer, who even has trouble throwing a straight ball to first base on a come backer, we have pretty much mailed another game in while Cora looks on with that stunned and stupid look on his face.  Time for us to back up the truck.  This is getting downright embarrassing to watch and later to read in the papers.  The way we're going we're bound to be a sub 500 team in a matter of days.  There is no life in this time, no sense of urgency and I'm betting not much in the way of team spirit.  There are many reasons why this team is the throws of a complete meltdown and they are all on the mark, but this debacle started last March in ST and it keeps on giving.  Nothing to do but write the season off and get Henry and Dumbrowski to start retooling by putting some of these overpayed butts up for sale and hope some team bites on them so we can get some prospects back and build for 2023.

markj

Chavis with a 3-run dinger. Sox up 7-6. After going 2-2 on 4 pitches that were nowhere near the plate, I was expecting a K.

markj

markj

Schloicka

markj

Barnes keeps throwing balls in the dirt and letting the runner advance. Throw a damn strike!!

markj

Out of it because the batter swung at another ball in the dirt.

markj

markj

markj

Normally I'd question Cora bringing Workman back out after he gave up one lead, but I can't point to anyone else who would be a better choice.

markj

Wow, that was close, but the Sox pull off the comeback win. Nice scoop and throw by Raffy.

Schloicka

Workman with the win. Sox rally big time. On to Detroit tomorrow.

SeaBeachFred

Good comeback win and I am very pleased, but I would also like to ask if I have the right to feel confident that we can go on a winning streak now?  I'd like some reinforcement in the confidence department if there are any of my friends out there who really thinks this game was a turning point.  We've been disappointed so many times this season  that I and I would guess many of you are gun shy and very doubtful.

markj

Ain't happenin', Fred. This "comeback" win tonight was against the lowly Jays. We barely won. This team does not have what it takes to compete with TB or NYY. Simple as that. We will not be playing October baseball.

If we do end up in the post-season and do well, I will certainly come back and enjoy a crow-eating post. But I don't see that happening.