5. Justin Smoak (S) 1B
6. Rowdy Tellez (L) DH
7. Teoscar Hernandez (R) CF
8. Danny Jansen (R) C
9. Brandon Drury (R) 3B

Gametime Temp: 80°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

Sea Dog 23

That's a tough pitching matchup.  Stroman dominated us last week in Boston.

Bill-806

I like the lineup as we look at one game at a time ????? rofl rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

This lineup is another reason why I believe the manager's thought process, assuming that he has one, is muddled.  Sale is known to prefer to pitch to Leon but Manager Neuman has Vazquez catching him instead (Almost in spite IMO)   So tonight he starts Leon.  I hope Neuman has a rationale for starting Leon over Vazquez.  If so I'd love to know what it is.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on July 04, 2019, 04:48:04 PM
This lineup is another reason why I believe the manager's thought process, assuming that he has one, is muddled.  Sale is known to prefer to pitch to Leon but Manager Neuman has Vazquez catching him instead (Almost in spite IMO)   So tonight he starts Leon.  I hope Neuman has a rationale for starting Leon over Vazquez.  If so I'd love to know what it is.

I'll take a guess, Leon batting left against the righty.  But Vaz is still in the lineup batting right.  So now I'm confused.

elktonnick

Vaz is DHing JD is playing left and Beni is riding the pines.  Beni is 6 for 15 against Stroman. Unless Beni is injured this is managerial incompetence.

SeaBeachFred

Al I want is a win tonight so we can take the series and say to myself.......HEY FRED, WE W ON  THE SERIES TONIGHT.   Think that is too much to ask from this outfit of our team?.

Apparently not because we somehow came back from a big deficit and won in the ninth inning 8-7.  So good to win a game in the last inning instead of losing them which we had become very proficient in the past few months.  So I got my July 4th wish.  Very pleased even though I'm not kidding myself......we are not going anywhere this season at this rate, but we can all hope.

elktonnick

Now we learn that Stroman isn't starting for the Jays.  I may have jumped on the manager too quickly.

Beni also may be fighting an injury.  He is complaining of heavy legs. 

markj

Raffy with a quick dinger. 5 pitches into the game. Sox up 1-0.

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on July 04, 2019, 04:48:04 PM

Leon has caught Sale at least 8 out of his last 10 starts. Hasn't been a world beater. Had a couple good games but has been average at best in that span.

markj

Schloicka

Another hr. The guy has hit 5 in last 7 games. Not bad for a under 200 hitter.

markj

elktonnick

No one on this staff can pitch a lick except Price.  Pathetic

Schloicka

Quote from: Schloicka on July 04, 2019, 06:46:01 PM
Another hr. The guy has hit 5 in last 7 games. Not bad for a under 200 hitter.

Now 6 in last 7 games. Check his pocket for a rabbits foot.