5. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
6. Justin Smoak (S) DH
7. Danny Jansen (R) C
8. Rowdy Tellez (L) 1B
9. Brandon Drury (R) RF

Gametime Temp: 81°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

SeaBeachFred

Hoping Chris Sale can go out there and really give us a terrific outing tonight along with our offense continuing to hit well as we have the past three games even though two of them wound up as losses because of the worst bullpen in baseball.  Cora, however, must allow Sale to go deep in the game if at all possible to prevent this horseshit pen of our to be in action as lit tle as possible.  I knew our pen might be a problem entering this season but even a sometimes cynic like me still couldn't envision just how pathetic and unnerving this pack of  turds have turned out to be.

Murph

Bogie on the AS team replacing Tommy LaStella.Well, deserved.
Where the hell is Raffy!

Murph

Jackie had a great month of June raking at a 315 clip. He has done this streaking before but I am curious if it also is a result of him closing his stance from wide open to almost straight away. He is not a 300 hitter but maybe .270. Time will tell

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Murph on July 03, 2019, 04:03:49 PM
Jackie had a great month of June raking at a 315 clip. He has done this streaking before but I am curious if it also is a result of him closing his stance from wide open to almost straight away. He is not a 300 hitter but maybe .270. Time will tell

I can see JBJ getting an extension if he stays .225 plus.  His contract would be team friendly. Probably wasnt a discussion a month ago, but this team is going to see new faces soon. Bigger factor, what is the future for Betts?

markj

Sea Dog 23

Sale about at the end of the string.  Does he have an out pitch?

Schloicka

Good thing the Sox extended Sale so we can see more of these pitching performances.

Murph

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 03, 2019, 05:16:22 PM
Quote from: Murph on July 03, 2019, 04:03:49 PM

I can see JBJ getting an extension if he stays .225 plus.  His contract would be team friendly. Probably wasnt a discussion a month ago, but this team is going to see new faces soon. Bigger factor, what is the future for Betts?
With 5 more years of Not knowing which Sale your getting I would think as I said earlier try to extend him and we all know he will refuse then take the best offer which will bring back prospects and at at 1 GOOD player..

SeaBeachFred

Lookguys, the sad fact is that we have a real shitty team---they underachieve, the bullpen is the worst in baseball, the rotation is leaking water, and the key hitters like Betts kill rallieS by striking out swinging or like Benny flying ouT to right.  The thing that frosted my ass tonight was when Alfred E. Cora pinched hit for Holt, a 300 hitter with a good eye for Ed Nunez who will swing at anything and will not take a walk even if it is offered to him on a platter of gold.  Naturally Nunez left two men in scoring position to set up Betts with another strikeout to end a rally.  And Mook the Puke thinks he is going to get that big contract

Here's what we need to do and fast.  Offer the Mook an extension on the hope that he will come back next year as he does in even numbered years.  If he says no.....SHIP HIS F@#$%&? ASS OUT OF TOWN WHILE HE STILL HAS SOME VALUE while we can retool because we aren't going anywhere this season.  And someone in the front office should start putting Alex's feet to the fire because his managing this season has been nothing short of shitty.  Another defeat and another miserable evening.  Thanks Cora, you son of a bitch.

markj

3-7 for their last 10. This team is quickly heading to sub-.500 territory.

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 03, 2019, 09:02:55 PM
Lookguys, the sad fact is that we have a real shitty team---they underachieve, the bullpen is the worst in baseball, the rotation is leaking water, and the key hitters like Betts kill rallied by striking out swinging or like Benny flying our to right.  The thing that frosted my ass tonight was when Alfred E. Cora pinched hit for Holt, a 300 hitter with a good eye for Ed Nunez who will swing at anything and will not take a walk even if it is offered to him on a platter of gold.  Naturally Nunez left two men in scoring position to set up Betts with another strikeout to end a rally.  And Mook the Puke thinks he is going to get that big contract

Here's what we need to do and fast.  Offer the Mook an extension on the hope that he will come back next year as he does in even numbered years.  If he says no.....SHIP HIS F@#$%&? ASS OUT OF TOWN WHILE HE STILL HAS SOME VALUE while we can retool because we aren't going anywhere this season.  And someone in the front office should starlt putting Alex's feet to the fire because his managing this season has been nothing short of shitty.  Another defeat and another miserable evening.  Thanks Cora, you son of a bitch.

Sorry, Fred forget Cora worry about 5 more years of Sale on and Sale off making 29 million. To me, that's the freaking biggest worry.

Murph

Christopher Smith

Verified account

@SmittyOnMLB
11h11 hours ago
More
Alex Cora is not wrong at all for starting Christian Vazquez tonight. He deserves no blame.
Sale is a perennial Cy Young candidate. He should pitch like one no matter who catches.

AMEN!!!

elktonnick

What should be isn't what is.  Leon is the better receiver.  Sale pitches better when Leon catches. The pragmatic and best choice would have been to have Leon catch.  It is silly and stupid to make some moral point when the team needs to have its best chance of winning team on the field.  The manager did not do that last night. 
I think the manager is losing the confidence of both ownership and the team by his brain dead moves.  I know he has lost my confidence long ago.