5. Justin Smoak (S) DH
6. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
7. Reese McGuire (L) C
8. Billy McKinney (L) RF
9. Derek Fisher (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 67°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

Thanks George for being a good trooper.  You must be as disillusioned as much as the rest of us but you plow on.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 11, 2019, 10:21:16 PM
Thanks George for being a good trooper.  You must be as disillusioned as much as the rest of us but you plow on.
CONCUR  …….  & I am already thinking if I am going to watch tonight's game ??  It hurts to see my beloved RED SOX play like this ….. iono iono

elktonnick

JD hits a double to drive in a run.  What was interesting was he slid into second feet first avoiding the tag.  It was an old fashioned hook slide to the outside of the bag and he used his hand to catch the bag.  Don't see that much anymore!!

BoSoxFanNY

Red Sox finally win a game
7 - 4.

Good hitting by the Sox and some errors by the Jays
helped the Sox get into scoring position.

I just want this team finish off the season with a
winning record.

(AND then I will root for the Astros and Dodgers.)

Bill-806

YES, VICTORY, VICTORY, VICTORY  !!!!  Oh, & yes our CATCHER (& umpire) got out of there alive !!! iono iono iono iono

longgame

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 13, 2019, 07:57:18 AM
Nice to see them hang on for a win for a change.

That's all we have going for us now Ted----winning a game is as much of a charge as we can get.  The real angst comes this Fall when we have to decide which way we're going.  One thing to me is clear----if JDM ops out it is time for a rebuild.  There is no one out there who we can sign or trade for who can replace a slugger who hits for both averqge qnd power and eats up lefthanders.  If he goes, Betts has to go too because he and Bogaerts proved conclusively in 2017 that they cannot carry the big load as our big gun options.  When Papi left were bereft with a big gun in our li neup with Bogey and Betts clearly not up to leading the pack.   We would be in the same boat            now if Martinez bolts.  Saqd but true----we have no chance to win  anything if JD leaves so let's rebluild or retool or whatever the hell you want to call it.  Just don't delude yourselves that we can get into a WS withour that big gun in the lineup.