5. Jace Peterson (L) 2B
6. DJ Stewart (L) RF
7. Rio Ruiz (L) 3B
8. Chris Davis (L) 1B
9. Chance Sisco (L) C

Gametime Temp: 73°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, Aug. 16th, no tomorrow, 3 in a row against Baltimore is a MUST" !!!! iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 16, 2019, 02:43:28 PM
As DAD would say, "SON, Aug. 16th, no tomorrow, 3 in a row against Baltimore is a MUST" !!!! iono iono iono

Bill, again let me caution you as your friend.......You should know by now that our team is totally exhausted physically and mentally this season when they win three or four games in a row and then falls into a swamp of defeat and failure.  I don't know why this is so, only that it is.  A big scoring win or a small winning streak usually leads to a bummer of a game or two or three.  We just cannot seem to gut it out for a week or two at a time.  So just hope for a victory tonight and hope for the best there because a win tonight is no sure thing with this outfit.  I also wonder just how much thos two wins against the strong Indians have taken out of our team.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 16, 2019, 02:56:18 PM

Bill, again let me caution you as your friend.......You should know by now that our team is totally exhausted physically and mentally this season when they win three or four games in a row and then falls into a swamp of defeat and failure.  I don't know why this is so, only that it is.  A big scoring win or a small winning streak usually leads to a bummer of a game or two or three.  We just cannot seem to gut it out for a week or two at a time.  So just hope for a victory tonight and hope for the best there because a win tonight is no sure thing with this outfit.  I also wonder just how much thos two wins against the strong Indians have taken out of our team.
Fred, concur …..  However, I still say that CORA should go with "OPENERS" for 1, 2, or 3 innings with everyone else ready to JUMP in !!  Yes,  ONE GAME at a time  !!!!  Actually, the team could rejuvenate itself with this STYLE & less than 40 games to go ….. ???? iono iono iono iono iono

Murph

The only hope for now and the only hope that can be attained is for our Sox to stay above 500. Everything else we hoped for and been flushed down the drain for a while.

elktonnick

For all those Porcello detractors, Porcello pitched like the Porcello of old yesterday.  I know it was the lowly Orioles but Porcello pitched the way I have argued he should down.  He eschewed the high fastball mixed up both location and off speed pitches with fastballs.  Moreover he didn ' t go after the strike out.

Bill-806

A  9-1 VICTORY ……  DON"T look BACK, look FORWARD, one game at a time !!!!! thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Porcello did not try for the K and that was good because when he does he gets the ball up and gets hit.Despite the fact it was the Orioles we played a good game.  Remember we have had some trouble with the O's as well this year so any win is good. Now let's see if they have the energy and gumption left to continue to win some games in succession or whether they will devolve into their previous condition of listlessness and failure.  And Bill, good retort to my missive to you.  Nothing wrong with your optimism my friend but we all have to realistic because of what has gone down this season.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on August 16, 2019, 05:04:17 PM

The only hope for now and the only hope that can be attained is for our Sox to stay above 500. Everything else we hoped for and been flushed down the drain for a while.

Second on that Murph, but a good finish could give us a leg up for next season..  At least the team could finish with its head finally raised up from the gutter.  That is why we have to keep winning, especially next week when they go to San Diego and there I am with my Linda watching all three games.  We had better win that series.