5. Jose Ramirez (S) 3B
6. Roberto Perez (R) C
7. Jason Kipnis (L) 2B
8. Greg Allen (S) LF
9. Tyler Naquin (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 84°F
Chance of Precip: 4%

Murph

Michael Chavis was placed on the 10-day injured list with a left shoulder sprain. Chavis is just 5-for-32 (.156) over his last 11 games.

longgame

I wish i had a dollar for every two out walk followed by a HR given up this year.

Sea Dog 23

Reyes goes deep on ERod.  Sox needed a new pitching coach last week.  The definition of insanity .....

markj

elktonnick

Remy noted the repeated curve balls from E_Rod.  Once again over throwing a pitch results in the hitters sitting on the pitch ending up with a home run.  Notice that Sox pitchers have become curve ball happy.  Whatever happened to mixing up pitches.   

Jerry also wondered if the Sox spring training regime was a big mistake.  He thought the pitchers fell into bad habits as a result.  Gee Jerry we knew that four months ago.

markj

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 12, 2019, 07:10:39 PM
Remy noted the repeated curve balls from E_Rod.  Once again over throwing a pitch results in the hitters sitting on the pitch ending up with a home run.  Notice that Sox pitchers have become curve ball happy.  Whatever happened to mixing up pitches.   

Jerry also wondered if the Sox spring training regime was a big mistake.  He thought the pitchers fell into bad habits as a result.  Gee Jerry we knew that four months ago.

Sometimes I think  some of our guest announcers are cautioned about going against the party line.  I'm sure Remy knew the miserable Spring Training was going to bite us on the ass, but it wouldn't  surprise me if Dombrowski or Henry gave out the word.  It doesn't work with Eckersley, though, and any attempt to muffle him would be a disastrous PR move by the front office.  And, yes,we knew about what went down FIVE months ago, all except Cora.  He is still in denial as our team goes up in flames.  Another loss tonight.

Bill-806

As DAD would say , "SON, like sand thru the hour glass, so are the days of our RED SOX"  !!!! thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 12, 2019, 10:24:46 PM

Sometimes I think  some of our guest announcers are cautioned about going against the party line.  I'm sure Remy knew the miserable Spring Training was going to bite us on the ass, but it wouldn't  surprise me if Dombrowski or Henry gave out the word.  It doesn't work with Eckersley, though, and any attempt to muffle him would be a disastrous PR move by the front office.  And, yes,we knew about what went down FIVE months ago, all except Cora.  He is still in denial as our team goes up in flames.  Another loss tonight.
ONE SCHOOL of thought has it all starting with the SNUB to the WHITE HOUSE & it has been all UP HILL since ????? iono iono iono

longgame

It all started at Spring training but I don't think the White House thing helped at all.  But if there's a divide in the clubhouse, doesn't it almost have to be between the position players who are still putting up a good offense and the pitching staff who finds ways to suck almost every single game? 

Speaking of the pitching, at one point O'Brien was blabbering about E-Rod having a quality start.  He gave up 5 freaking runs!  O'Brien's obsession with meaningless stats is ridiculous.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 13, 2019, 11:10:42 AM
It all started at Spring training but I don't think the White House thing helped at all.  But if there's a divide in the clubhouse, doesn't it almost have to be between the position players who are still putting up a good offense and the pitching staff who finds ways to suck almost every single game? 

Speaking of the pitching, at one point O'Brien was blabbering about E-Rod having a quality start.  He gave up 5 freaking runs!  O'Brien's obsession with meaningless stats is ridiculous.

O'Brien must have been asleep in the 1st when ERod issued the 2 out walk followed by the bomb.

elktonnick

O'Brien not only bombards us with more meaningless statistics than any other Red Sox broadcaster in memory he repeats the same stories over and over again.  I know it is hard to fill airtime when the team is playing so poorly but Don Orsillo was at least original funny and entertaining.  Either Orsillo did something to really po some one or O'Brien is somebody's cousin to whom Henry owes one big favor.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 13, 2019, 10:32:13 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 12, 2019, 10:24:46 PM

ONE SCHOOL of thought has it all starting with the SNUB to the WHITE HOUSE & it has been all UP HILL since ????? iono iono iono

Bill---please do not mention the White House trip again unless you PM someone on it.  I did it and markj sent me a PM and rode my ass out.  He does NOT want politics on this board under any circumstances and that trip, though it had other connotations, was interpreted as politics.  Save any thing politically for a PM to a certain poster and please leave it off the board unless you want to get chewed out as I did.