5. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
6. David Fletcher (R) SS
7. Matt Thaiss (L) 3B
8. Max Stassi (R) C
9. Luis Rengifo (S) 2B

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

Let's win this series.  At least we will get a moral victory from that, and, besidews, the Angels have been playing even more poorly than we have.  Time to energize yourselves Red Sox and try to win three or four games in a row, and t hen you can collapse from exhaustion asy ou have all season.

elktonnick

longgame

longgame

Cashner is just awful.  Another great move to make this year's team worse than last year's. 

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on August 11, 2019, 12:03:46 PM
Odd lineup to be sure.  Throwing in the towel at this point?

One day I fully expect manager Neuman to have Sandy Leon playing center field, Jackie Bradley pitching and Chris Sale catching:)

markj

Angels very nicely walked in a run for us. Good thing, too. Seems to be the only way the Sox can score. sigh

elktonnick

Chris Owings certainly made an impression with me on that last  at bat. ;D

markj

elktonnick

One can tell that Eckersley was a bit annoyed with Barnes pitch sequence  against Coughlin which eventually led to game tying home run. 

elktonnick

Once again Sox pitching fails to hold a lead and gives up too many walks.  They continue to get behind in counts leading to the hitters knowing what's coming, enabling them to jump on pitches for a key hit or the long ball.  Steve Lyons is right to complain that Sox relievers are unable to go multiple innings.

It is a sorry state of affairs when the NESN analysts Lyons and Eckersley question Sox pitchers approach and execution.

Bill-806

As DAD would say,  "SON, a sad STATE for SURE" !!! iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 11, 2019, 11:32:27 AM
Why is manager Neuman playing Chris Owings?

Why Elk????  You really have to ask?  Simply put, it is because Alfred E. is a total incompetent horse's ass who has gone so far off the rails that he has landed in Shithorn Valley.  Owings proved his mettle by going 0 for 5 with three strikeouts.  The guy was hitting about 125, had failed with two or three teams, one being the D'Backs where twice  they gave him the SS job only for him to lose it TWICE because of inept play.  Yet that stupid  bastard of a manager put him in the lineup--and at leadoff to boot.  Why the guy is even on the team is a shocker, and why was 316 hitting Brock Holt on the pine again?  I knew the game was lost when saw that lineup and also saw that Betts was not in it even though he has played at half speed most of the year and isn't worth a scab on Mike Trout's ass.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 11, 2019, 12:03:46 PM
Odd lineup to be sure.  Throwing in the towel at this point?

Ted---please listen to me because I left my wife and grand kids at the intermission of a musical play because I was so angry I believed I might actually go off on my wife, daughter, grand kids and my wife's friends who were there in excess.  Cora managed as poorly today as he has ever in his almost two years at the helm  To me it looks like he has gone completely off the rails.  You want more????  Very simple.....If I was managing the team today we would have won the game BECAUSE AS I'VE SAID SO MANY TIMES THIS SEASON, YOU DO NOT EVER LET MEATBALL BARNES PITCH IN THE EIGHTH OR NINTH INNING unless the team is ahead by  ten or behind by same.  You don't put a bum like Weber in to pitch in  a game you want to win knowing the guy's ERA was over five and a half in the minors and  has been a  total drag wherever he has pitched....in other words a F@#$%&G loser.  You don't bench Betts when we need every bat we can get into that lineup.

And it is not like we're trying to see what these guys can do for next season.  Weber is shit and has not future with the team unless imbecile Cora is managing here again next season.  Owings is also a turd who has been a total failure everywhere he has been---and the hell did we get this bum anyway, and why play him over Holt, a 300 hitter?  Let's face it, Elk was  totally right in what he wrote yesterday.  Cora has been a total wuss this season and instead of getting better he gets worse with every ill conceived and idiotic move he makes.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 11, 2019, 12:47:23 PM
Cashner is just awful.  Another great move to make this year's team worse than last year's.

He was very good for the Orioles.  ?Two possibilities for this relapse.  One he cannot pitch for a contending team even though  to call the Red Sox that now almost wants to make me puke up my guts. The second reason?  Maybe soon to be fired LaVangie got a hold of him and gave him some "tips" which, of course  was doomed to failure. BTW, though, DD has never been all that smart trading for pitching in his executive career.  We're lucky he did get us Sale and Price, though the latter was a FA signing.