5. Matt Thaiss (L) 1B
6. David Fletcher (R) 3B
7. Luis Rengifo (S) 2B
8. Kevan Smith (R) C
9. Wilfredo Tovar (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 80°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

longgame

Surprised Beni and Devers are out today.  If I'm going to sit a lefty I'd sit Bradley.  I'm not sure Devers ever has a day off and while it wasn't that long ago when guys played every single game, that just doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Sea Dog 23

When you're 6 games back (losses) for the second WC, I wouldnt rest any key hitters.  But that's just me.  (We're 10 games back of both Twins and Cleve)

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 10, 2019, 12:38:38 PM
When you're 6 games back (losses) for the second WC, I wouldnt rest any key hitters.  But that's just me.  (We're 10 games back of both Twins and Cleve)
FRET NOT, ALL ……. For  COL .  SAM TRAVIS hitting CLEANUP ????? iono iono rofl rofl

Bill-806

B T W  , where is MARCO HERNANDEZ ????  He brings a good GLOVE & hits the ball where PITCHED ??? iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 10, 2019, 12:38:38 PM

That's normally how you would do it Sea Dog, but with the Playoffs now a near impossibility I can give Cora an ok on today's lineup since he is going to give Holt a chance to hit against a southpaw, but Bradley still in the lineup against one?  Well you can't have everything.  Let's see how this works out, though I hate to see Vaz at first base.

markj

Bill-806

OH, cleanup hitter with a POP FOUL 3rd out, REALLY ???? iono iono iono iono

longgame

They’re in the middle of 17 games in 16 days, but I wouldn’t rest so many guys at once.

I wonder if Porcello thinks, after every time he pitches, “there goes another million dollars of annual contract value”.  Then again, a team with a real pitching coach may be able to straighten him up in a couple of bullpen sessions.

Schloicka

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 10, 2019, 02:27:30 PM
B T W  , where is MARCO HERNANDEZ ????  He brings a good GLOVE & hits the ball where PITCHED ??? iono iono

Where are you going to put Marco? The fact that he hits LH hurts his ability to stay up. If he comes up who goes down? Holt? Chavis? Unless he can play the outfield there is no place for him right now.

Sea Dog 23

Cora wanted to carry 13 pitchers this year.  That means a shuttle with AAA to gets more bats.

longgame

Sox with another meltdown.  This never seemed to happen last year yet it happens at least once a week this year.

elktonnick

Another managerial disaster by the worst manager in the American league.  He has guys totally out of position.  Why Manager Neuman continues to do this defies logic.  I really hope against hope that this buffoon is gone after this season

Bill-806

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on August 10, 2019, 05:53:33 PM
Another managerial disaster by the worst manager in the American league.  He has guys totally out of position.  Why Manager Neuman continues to do this defies logic.  I really hope against hope that this buffoon is gone after this season

So what is the disaster? You don't like Vaz at 1st or Travis in left. Neither has anything to do with the score of the game. Lack of pitching and timely hitting has to do with it.