5. Albert Pujols (R) 1B
6. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
7. Luis Rengifo (S) 2B
8. Wilfredo Tovar (R) SS
9. Max Stassi (R) C

Gametime Temp: 81°F
Chance of Precip: 4%

Sea Dog 23

Looking at the Angels, I think they will be big players in the off season to get some more pieces to surround Trout for a title run.  And they need pitching like everybody.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 08, 2019, 07:05:12 AM
Looking at the Angels, I think they will be big players in the off season to get some more pieces to surround Trout for a title run.  And they need pitching like everybody.

You would think so.  They tried to do it a few years ago and signed Pujols for the twilight of his career and then some.  Maybe they'll get smart this time around.  I'm excited to see Trout.  Someone was talking the other day about how it's too bad he doesn't play on an East Coast contender where more people would see "the Mickey Mantle of our time". 

SeaBeachFred

The Angels are on a bigger free fall than the Red Sox if you can believe it but they have the opportunity to get well fast as t hey come to Fenway to play our listless and miserable ball club for four games.  Keep in mind that last season we swept the Angels six or seven games in a row and, believe me, the Angels remember that and will be out for blood while our pathetic bunch of bums will more or less continue to mope and stumble andkeep complaining about how they have to make up last's night's game on oneo f their days off.  TRY WINNING SOME GAMES WHEN YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO MAKE UP A GAME THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE WON ALREADY.

The Angels throw a lefty tonight so maybe I won't have to stomach Jackie Bradley polluting the lineup tonight.   Then again with Cora, you never know.  He loves the guy.

Well I will have to stomach it, not that I  think it would be any different with that moron managing the team.  First of all Bradley shouldn't be in the lineup against any type of pitchers and should be used for only defensive purposes.   Then we have Leon in there as well even though he hasn't helped Sale's pitching which has been nothing short of shitty this year.  So you now have two stiffs in the lineup which most likely mean 0 for 8 and another loss tonight.  Yes, I say Holt should be in there playing left field and Benny moved to center to get another bad in the lineup and Vazquez at catcher whether Sale likes it or not.  He hasn't pitched like he should so he should have nothing to say about who catches, and it does mean two better hitters in the lineup.  Remeber, Holt got a hit of a LH last night.  Bradley struck out three times and is now hitting a disgusting 218 and looks as bad as he ever has.  Leon???  He's not even worth mentioning.

Most likely I'll be on the warpath again after another drab performance tonight.  Wish it wasn't so but I've seen enough of this team to pretty much expect it.  Fool me Red Sox!!!!!!!

Murph

Boston Strong
@BostonStrong_34
·
8m
David Price goes to the 10 day IL with a wrist injury, he’s dealing with a triangular fibrocartilage complex tear. It requires at least 1 month of rest.

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on August 08, 2019, 02:35:14 PM
Boston Strong
@BostonStrong_34
·
8m
David Price goes to the 10 day IL with a wrist injury, he’s dealing with a triangular fibrocartilage complex tear. It requires at least 1 month of rest.
I am sure it must be ECK's FAULT …………  Hey John Henry, how are all those HIGH PAID PITCER$ looking now ????? iono iono iono iono iono iono

elktonnick

That is the way to play baseball. 2hours 16 minutes the fastest game of the year.  Sale was outstanding with a strong finish by Workman. Nice win.

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on August 08, 2019, 08:31:07 PM
That is the way to play baseball. 2hours 16 minutes the fastest game of the year.  Sale was outstanding with a strong finish by Workman. Nice win.

I just went to turn on the game and saw the final score. I thought I had missed that it was a day game, but no, regular time. Can't believe it's over already.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 08, 2019, 08:35:11 PM

I just went to turn on the game and saw the final score. I thought I had missed that it was a day game, but no, regular time. Can't believe it's over already.

Sale surprised me with a terrific game, two hits and a 13 K's.  We needed this kind of pitching from him all season and just haven't gotten it.  Amazing, Angels announcer Mark Gubiczsa was quick to notice that Sale had been unable to keep his hand on top of the ball and had his hand below the ball according from reports he got from Angels scouts.  Now why the hell didn't our scouts or pitching coach notice this?  Are we that inept that we cannot watch and visualize what our pitchers, especially our ace, are doing on the mound to impede them???? 

Travis keeps producing against lefties and did tonight while most of out stalwarts , save JD, looked dead at the plate  So let's enjoy this win because we're not going to get this kind of pitching every night and if we stay on five hits and our top three hitters in our order go hitless again (not the firs time) it will continue to be a struggle.  So kudos to you Sale; give us more of the same, and to you JD---and please don't opt out.  We'd then be less than totally leaderless.   We still must play a lot better than we did tonight.

BoSoxFanNY

A TRUE Sale Day!
Great pitching and enough offense to win.

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 08, 2019, 11:28:49 PM

A TRUE Sale Day!
Great pitching and enough offense to win.
YES, nice game by ALL !!  That said, is SALE back or is it a case that the ANGELS do not see him that often ??? ALSO, nice to see that SAM TRAVIS made me look bad !!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Who was that man in the Chris Sale uniform? Hopefully he found the answer to his problems.

Price has a wrist injury?  Maybe from too much video gaming?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 09, 2019, 08:36:09 AM
Who was that man in the Chris Sale uniform? Hopefully he found the answer to his problems.

Price has a wrist injury?  Maybe from too much video gaming?

A new day Ted.......and we have Johnson on the mound tonight.  He has a very average fast ball, so so curve, has a tendency to lose control and has never emerged as a credible starter for us.  The Yankees pounded the hell out of him last weekend.  Meaning?  We sure as hell better get more than five hits tonight and those three jokers at the top of the lineup had better get their shit  together tonight.  I'm sick of  these one win streaks.  Pressure should be off since we are out of the running for the WC; at least the players should be relaxed enough to go out there and play some decent baseball for a change.  Maybe they will get an inspiration from what Chris Sale did last night, anything to wake this snoozing team up.

longgame

I think you have to view Johnson as a long opener in today's world.  Gotta go with the guys we have though.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 09, 2019, 01:07:46 PM
I think you have to view Johnson as a long opener in today's world.  Gotta go with the guys we have though.

Very true Ted but it points up just how inept our pitching coaches have been from Boston on down that we still have NOT developed even one decent pitcher, starter or reliever, since Jon Lester over 15 years ago. There is just no excuse for that kind of failure.