GAME #117, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2019, KANSAS CITY ROYALS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, August 07, 2019, 06:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on August 08, 2019, 07:51:19 AM
Quote from: markj on August 07, 2019, 10:17:10 PM
So this game could have been over instead of waiting in this endless rain delay. The radar doesn't look promising. This BP sucks out loud. Only Oakland has more blown saves this season.

It's bad enough that a low scoring game was going on 4 hours to begin with.  Freaking E-Rod took about 2 minutes between pitches, especially when Vaz was calling for a fastball on his many 3-2 counts.  Then the pen (which DD thinks is just fine by the way), blows another one.  In the meantime our guys can't scrape together any kind of scoring in a game where it seemed like they had the leadoff runner on in every inning.  Today Cora was saying that it's too bad they have to make it up on AUgust 22 before flying out to SD and the guys are upset they're going to miss golf or Seaworld or the beach.  Maybe they should be thinking of how they could have won that game before 11PM.  I get that guys want to do stuff on off days, I've included plenty of pleasure with my business travel, but it was pretty tone deaf to say it.
& THAT IS A  B I N G O !!!  Well said...…..

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 07, 2019, 04:00:56 PM
Can not unload anyone until after the world series. My understanding is there can be no deals between clubs until November.

But we could DFA a bunch of them and get them the hell out of Boston.  Face it Elk, we have some guys who have shown their true colors this season as malingerers and losers.  Best to bring some young guys up, throw them in there and see what they can do.  It is a certainly that some of those we alreadyd have can't get the job done--and all they do is make us fans angrier and angrier at their ineptness.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 07, 2019, 04:22:31 PM
Ok I understand.  For the record the Sox won't be unloading anyone from their core players.  They may  not be resigning a bunch though.

Bradley last night----0 for 4 and three more strikeouts.  He is a sunk cost at the plate and for the last six seasons  the Red Sox have been unable to understand that for al his outstanding fielding he is more a minus to the team than an asset.  His ineptness at the plate causes a wide ripple effect throughout the lineup, and I insist THAT YOU CANNOT CARRY A 222 HITTER IN THE LINEUP WITHOUT SOONER OR LATER SEE NEGATIVE RESULTS FOR THE WHOLE TEAM.  BENCH THIS GUY.....HE IS A FOURTH OUTFIELDER AND NOTHING MORE.

elktonnick

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 08, 2019, 09:49:13 AM
Can not unload anyone until after the world series. My understanding is there can be no deals between clubs until November.

But we could DFA a bunch of them and get them the hell out of Boston.  Face it Elk, we have some guys who have shown their true colors this season as malingerers and losers.  Best to bring some young guys up, throw them in there and see what they can do.  It is a certainly that some of those we alreadyd have can't get the job done--and all they do is make us fans angrier and angrier at their ineptness.

If I were the owner, I wouldn't allow DD to make any precipitous moves such as DFAing anyone until after the world series.  The primary reason being that "fire sales" depreciate player's values.  Secondarily, as owner I would be doing a major reassessment of the entire baseball operation, that means DD's continued role as well as that of the managerial and coaching staff, immediately after the end of the regular season.  If I as owner doubt DD's capacity to return this team to contender status, it makes little sense to permit him to dispose of team assets until I had someone in whom I had total confidence at the helm.

While I think it highly unlikely that DD's head is on the chopping block, the vultures are circling as indicated by Dan Shaughnessy's piece  about DD increased isolation.   There will be great pressure for the club to make significant changes this fall and changes will happen.  However, I don't expect anything to actually happen until or unless DD has Henry's confidence in his approach as to the direction and the changes to be made.

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 08, 2019, 09:30:44 AM
So they'll get all set up for the remaining game on Aug 22nd and it could be over in less than an inning. Seems a bit ridiculous.

Could be one pitch and done.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 08, 2019, 09:49:13 AM

Then you pay them and get nothing.  Makes no sense. 

markj

Quote from: longgame on August 08, 2019, 10:34:25 AM
So they'll get all set up for the remaining game on Aug 22nd and it could be over in less than an inning. Seems a bit ridiculous.

Yeah, I thought the Sox were up, but MLB.com shows the Royals at bat when it resumes. So it'll go at least to the bottom of the 10th.

longgame

Bumping this thread up for the continuation of the game from two weeks ago. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on August 22, 2019, 07:54:15 AM
Bumping this thread up for the continuation of the game from two weeks ago.
& if we don't win TODAY, the FEN'S will feel/look like a FUNERAL HOME ?? iono iono iono

Murph

Quote from: markj on August 08, 2019, 11:00:57 AM
Quote from: longgame on August 08, 2019, 10:34:25 AM

Yeah, I thought the Sox were up, but MLB.com shows the Royals at bat when it resumes. So it'll go at least to the bottom of the 10th.

If memory serves me right I believe there was a 2-2 count on the batter.

Murph

Game over. Vaz doubles the useless Owings pinch runs and Holt plates him for the win.

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on August 22, 2019, 12:22:56 PM
Game over. Vaz doubles the useless Owings pinch runs and Holt plates him for the win.
GREAT NEWS, now we can FLY to San Diego thinking that we are still in it ???? rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

I'm glad I remembered to bump the post up because I forgot about the game until about 2.  I bet KC was thrilled to have to play this game.