5. Cheslor Cuthbert (R) 3B
6. Nicky Lopez (L) 2B
7. Cam Gallagher (R) C
8. Ryan O'Hearn (L) 1B
9. Billy Hamilton (S) CF

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 22%

longgame

Opposing pitcher 3-7 with a 5.58 ERA.  I expect the Sox hitters to be shut down by this guy, although E-Rod is pitching so there's hope.

SeaBeachFred

Can we at least win a series at HOME against the lowly Royals?  Are we that bad that we can't??  I just hope we haven't crapped out that much.  Our team has become sickening to watch.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 07, 2019, 09:21:32 AM
Can we at least win a series at HOME against the lowly Royals?  Are we that bad that we can't??  I just hope we haven't crapped out that much.  Our team has become sickening to watch.

There is an upside to a loss.  It may prompt the walking dead-Sox to realize they are no longer alive.  I was all in favor of the single trade deadline, but now that we would have had an opportunity to offload guys at inflated prices I may change my mind.  Sox could have stocked up on some prospects and started rebuilding now.

elktonnick

Can not unload anyone until after the world series. My understanding is there can be no deals between clubs until November.

longgame

They posted the lineup late.  I think they have to be thinking "do I play the regular guys, or do I just throw in the towel now".  Watch for a lineup change as the waving of the white flag but for now they're going with the regulars.

Elk, that was my point, can't make a deal now because of the new single trade deadline.  This year it would have been good to have a second one for the Sox to unload.

elktonnick

Ok I understand.  For the record the Sox won't be unloading anyone from their core players.  They may  not be resigning a bunch though.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 07, 2019, 08:06:15 AM
Opposing pitcher 3-7 with a 5.58 ERA.  I expect the Sox hitters to be shut down by this guy, although E-Rod is pitching so there's hope.

Well Nostradamus, you called it.  Into the 4th Sox are shutout with one hit.

Looking at the Royals, I recognize just one player, Soler.  Meanwhile they are threatening to win this series.

markj

markj

So this game could have been over instead of waiting in this endless rain delay. The radar doesn't look promising. This BP sucks out loud. Only Oakland has more blown saves this season.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on August 07, 2019, 10:17:10 PM
So this game could have been over instead of waiting in this endless rain delay. The radar doesn't look promising. This BP sucks out loud. Only Oakland has more blown saves this season.
PATRIOTS pre-season starts tonight !!!  RED SOX  ??  As DAD would say, "SON, nothing to see here, moveon.org"  !!! 

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 08, 2019, 07:37:42 AM
PATRIOTS pre-season starts tonight !!!  RED SOX  ??  As DAD would say, "SON, nothing to see here, moveon.org"  !!!

Since you used a football reference, the final draft pick is known as Mr Irrelevant.  The Sox are rapidly approaching irrelevant in MLB this year.  That is still hard to comprehend.

longgame

It's bad enough that a low scoring game was going on 4 hours to begin with.  Freaking E-Rod took about 2 minutes between pitches, especially when Vaz was calling for a fastball on his many 3-2 counts.  Then the pen (which DD thinks is just fine by the way), blows another one.  In the meantime our guys can't scrape together any kind of scoring in a game where it seemed like they had the leadoff runner on in every inning.  Today Cora was saying that it's too bad they have to make it up on AUgust 22 before flying out to SD and the guys are upset they're going to miss golf or Seaworld or the beach.  Maybe they should be thinking of how they could have won that game before 11PM.  I get that guys want to do stuff on off days, I've included plenty of pleasure with my business travel, but it was pretty tone deaf to say it. 

markj

So they'll get all set up for the remaining game on Aug 22nd and it could be over in less than an inning. Seems a bit ridiculous.