GAME #116, TUESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2019, KANSAS CITY ROYALS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, August 06, 2019, 10:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

Read a stat earlier -
LAST year the Sox ONLY lost 55 games the whole season.

Today is August 6 and this 2019 team has already lost 56 games.

Sad.

markj

There you go. 1-9. At least their "1" was yesterday, so it'll be a while before they can hit 0-10.

Sea Dog 23

If this was a football team, you would say they 'laid down'.  Not sure about baseball terms, packed it in, but I'll go with Fred saying they mailed it in.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 06, 2019, 07:59:05 PM
Boy Cashner is worse than I thought he was.  I was shocked to hear that he had never beat KC in his career.  Another nail in DD’s coffin?

Well to me CASHner is like money in the bank------to whatever team has the fortune to face him.  Boy was it sickening tonight.  How many Bad Days at Black Rock can we Red Sox fans endure?  Apparently the team is going to see just how many.  I'm beginning to ask myself why should these even show up for the games?  They're simply trying to go through the motions and then laying down like dogs.  What a bunch of bums these guys have turned out to be.

markj

Bill-806

WOW, only 2 runs against a LOUSEY  K C  team, and we give up 6 ?????  I still say, we have to adjust to the JUICED BALL, meaning, go with THE OPENER and all pitchers on deck ……. ONLY starters being  E-ROD & PORCELLO , get 5, 6, or 7 innings in & get out ……  SALE  & PRICE out of the PEN as needed on a 2 day basis !!!  The SOX are not adjusting to the NEW WORLD !!! iono iono iono iono

longgame

Sad to see them swoon like this.  At this point they must see the writing on the wall.

I watched the postgame show last night including the manager's interview.  Both the NESN team and the reporters asking the questions kept nibbling around why the pitching stinks.  Of course a lot of the talk was about Cashner - how was this guy pretty much lights out for Baltimore and now can't pitch.  I kept waiting for the obvious follow on question or point - the pitching coach.  What does he do, tell the pitchers what he did when he was a bullpen catcher in that situation?  At least a guy with hitting experience in the majors could potentially offer some insight.  But I just don't see what business this guy has being as pitching coach.

The only question this offseason should be how deep the cleaning goes.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 07, 2019, 08:05:03 AM
Sad to see them swoon like this.  At this point they must see the writing on the wall.

I watched the postgame show last night including the manager's interview.  Both the NESN team and the reporters asking the questions kept nibbling around why the pitching stinks.  Of course a lot of the talk was about Cashner - how was this guy pretty much lights out for Baltimore and now can't pitch.  I kept waiting for the obvious follow on question or point - the pitching coach.  What does he do, tell the pitchers what he did when he was a bullpen catcher in that situation?  At least a guy with hitting experience in the majors could potentially offer some insight.  But I just don't see what business this guy has being as pitching coach.

The only question this offseason should be how deep the cleaning goes.

About close to half the team should be playing somewhere else next season-----and if we can get two p rospects for Betts he is included in the departure.  Since he had that three homer game his hitting has once again descended into mediocrity.  We need to say good bye to Moreland, Leon, Barnes, Hembree and Bradley just for starters.  These guys have done shit for the team this season and as we saw last night dear old JBJ went another 0 for 4 and is now hitting a paltry 222.  No amount of fielding can make up for that kind of lousy hitting, and compared to Leon our CF is a slugger.  Barnes sucks, cannot pitch under pressure and Hembree just stinks to high heaven.  Moreland seems injury prone and perhaps it is time to turn over first base to Chavis or Travis.  It is certain that the current sad bunch of losers have made Red Sox fans embarrassed and shamed that they could descend to badly into irrelevancy.   BACK UP THE TRUCK!!!!!!!!!