9. Nicky Lopez (L) SS

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

Bill-806

FINALLY, BOGEY gets a NIGHT off !!!  I think that he has EARNED it !! thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 06, 2019, 02:22:11 PM
FINALLY, BOGEY gets a NIGHT off !!!  I think that he has EARNED it !! thumb_u

He has earned one.  He did look a little tired in the Yankee series, the worst time to get tired, but a day orr will do him some good.  I said I wanted  Holt in the lineup but at Bogey's expense. I guess a person should be careful what he wishes for.

markj

Crappy call at 2B. Looked like a bit of a shove. Once you're on the base and stopped, that should be the end of the play. Holding the tag on for 5 or 6 more seconds hoping you can unbalance the runner is BS.

markj

And I guess I owe NESN an apology. I thought the endlessly repeated commercials were their doing, but tonight I'm watching the KC feed, which is Fox, and it's showing the same stupid commercials and also repeating them every break. Must be an MLB.TV thing.

markj

JD, who should never attempt a steal, gets easily nailed trying to do just that. Whose bright idea was that?

markj

Sea Dog 23

The Sox are so prdictable.  One run on seven hits.  NCH.
Meanwhile KC has 3 runs on 3 hits.

markj

On the way to 1-9. There was an article in the Boston Globe today suggesting DD may lose his job over this season's debacle.

longgame

Boy Cashner is worse than I thought he was.  I was shocked to hear that he had never beat KC in his career.  Another nail in DD’s coffin?

elktonnick

The KC pitcher has an ERA over 5.00 and Red Sox batters are rolling over on everything.  These guys look as if they are playing out the string.  Only 5 pitches and the Sox are out of the inning  The same listless bunch we have seen all year.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: markj on August 06, 2019, 07:49:24 PM
One the way to 1-9. There was an article in the Boston Globe today suggesting DD may lose his job over this season's debacle.

At this point I'm not sure DD should be entrusted with doing the reset and player revamping going through next year.  He's done some good things and maybe had bad luck with the deals for Pearce, Eovaldi and Sale (foot in the spring) and have no money for an Ottavino? How could he have known all those players would be injured and have abysmal years and Cora would play it easy in the spring?  Maybe it's time to try a new approach.

markj

JD with a double and no outs. He'll be stranded right where he is now because NCH.

markj

Well what do you know, a clutch hit. Vaz with a double to drive in JD.