5. Brett Gardner (L) CF
6. Cameron Maybin (R) RF
7. Mike Ford (L) 1B
8. Kyle Higashioka (R) C
9. Mike Tauchman (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 84°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Bill-806

CHAVIS 2nd base ……  TRAVIS at 1st …….  What is "THE FASINATION WITH THIS GUY", did you see him throw from LEFT field last night ?????  Where is MITCHY TWO BAGS ???????

Murph

Different lineup for sure. With the season over play some guys and maybe there stock will rise from 5% to 15%.

SeaBeachFred

The game is up and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the team continues to suck wind and pound rocks and eventually falls under 500 and stays there.  There is no urgency, no pride, no determination, and no leadership anywhere on this team that can turn it around.   Again it goes back to ST and to me the players picked up what Cora did and took his ideas about getting ready to  their ineptness on the balfield.  You cannot suddenly turn it on and this has never done that  this year.  Hell, I'm not even watching this game tonight.  Even when the team goes well Sunday Night Baseball is a cancer stick to the Red Sox.  Sad as it sounds tonight's game is over before it even begins.  We have absolutely no chance at all to win this game.  Why frustrate myself and get my blood pressure through the roof.  Screw them.

markj

elktonnick

It has gone so far south that the sox are playing like penguins.

markj

markj

Sox with back to back dingers (Vazquez and Chavis), but then Mookie pulls a GIDP to end the inning.

markj

ESPN showing a laser gun commercial with kids shooting at each other. Not the best thing to be showing this weekend. Dumb shits. What a useless network.

markj

Chavis K's with two on. Always seems they get dingers with no one on and then K when they have men on base.

markj

8 in a row. Back to back sweeps. All over but the packing of bags for a late September vacation.

Bill-806

If DAD was still with us, he would say, "SON, THIS TEAM AIN'T RIGHT" !!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Last year it was "Time to party", this year it's "Turn out the lights, the party's over". 

I found last night's game mostly unwatchable between the play by the Sox and of course the ESPN announcing team.  They seem to get worse each week.  Sanchez just doesn't belong there. I think ESPN thinks it attracts female viewers but she's awful.  A-Rod has totally gone in on this pattern of speech that he's been doing.  Make a point, make another point with his voice going a little higher, and then a pause, then a quickly delivered "punchline".  He ends up not saying anything and it's too bad because he's actually become a decent analyst.  Plus somehow ESPN gets an exception and gets longer commercial breaks which doesn't help. 

It's going to be hard watching these guys the rest of the year.  The Sox seem to do this.  They don't just fall short, they implode.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 05, 2019, 07:03:44 AM
If DAD was still with us, he would say, "SON, THIS TEAM AIN'T RIGHT" !!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

There are dad's in Tennessee who would say, THAT DOG WON'T HUNT.   sigh

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 05, 2019, 08:40:17 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on August 05, 2019, 07:03:44 AM

There are dad's in Tennessee who would say, THAT DOG WON'T HUNT.   sigh
I love my RED SOX and as much as I "GRUMBLE", I still hang on with a thought of a COMEBACK …… That said,  SPACEMAN BILL LEE had some advice for CHRIS SALE in todays NESN or WEEI ….. ALSO, if I was CORA, because of the "day of the JUICED BALL, & the fact that the SOX can't pitch to it, I would go to the "OPENER" starting tonight, be effectively WILD & go from there.....No one to pitch more than 2 or 3 innings unless they are working on a NO HITTER !!!   thumb_u iono iono