GAME #113, SATURDAY, AUGUST 3, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ NEW YORK YANKEES - GAME 2

Started by Schloicka, August 03, 2019, 02:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 03, 2019, 11:18:57 PM
Quote from: Murph on August 03, 2019, 10:48:37 PM
Quote from: longgame on August 03, 2019, 10:40:06 PM
The problem with the team meetings they’ve had, now 2 of them, is that if you lose, then what.  I’ll be interested to see what the 2020 Red Sox will look like.  They may be hamstrung for a while in bad pitching deals.

Sure as hell 2020 won't  look like this .Major changes will come .Count on it .

There better be changes and a ton of them.  I notice Sale bis top at a players only meeting BUT CHRIS, IT HAS COME WAY TOO LATE.  You guys have taken the cue from shitface Cora and took the baton from that piss poorly run Spring Training and carried it over to the regular season.  You can't just turn it on and, in fact, you guys never have.  The team will have to understand that they need to rid themselves of at least a dozen of their current bunch of shithead ballplayers and that includes some of Cora's favorites.  And, BTW, don't count on Johnson being a credible starter next season.  He stinks like a rotten corpse and once again we didn't hit in sync.  Tomorrow we get swept and think it will be time to maybe call up some young prospects and sit down some of our cruds who have disgraced the city, fans and themselves.  Back up the truck and one who has to go in Meatball Barnes, a total ****ing loser.

Sale should shut his mouth and stop crying about umps bad calls and try to pitch as the ACE he once was . This 20 pitch an inning and looking like a pitcher throwing in an HR derby has to stop. 22 HRs so far in 80 innings less than 2017 when he gave up 24. 43 BBs in 2018 and 35 so far this year in those same fewer innings. All the media is concerned is his Ks and nothing else. His foolish contract will be an albatross to the Sox efforts going forward

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 04, 2019, 07:54:47 AM
Staff changes are on the way according to Peter Abraham/ Globe.  "With pitching problems rotation wide, somebody must take the blame".  That's being Captain  Obvious.  Should have happened before the all star break.

I believe the theory of ageing pitchers who have lost velocity, trying to overthrow, missing badly, when they should be working on off speed pitches.  But somebody on staff has to instruct them likewise.....LaVangie, Bannister.
I would like to think that the COACHING staff would point out to the PITCHERS & HITTERS that YES, a SLOP ball (JOHNSON) has a better chance of staying in the park than a FAST ball anywhere near HOMEPLATE against the JUICED BALL !!!!   MLB has really had an adverse impact ???? iono iono iono iono