5. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
6. Cameron Maybin (R) RF
7. Mike Tauchman (L) LF
8. Austin Romine (R) C
9. Breyvic Valera (S) 2B

Gametime Temp: 81°F
Chance of Precip: 6%

SeaBeachFred

I REPEAT A SURE LOSS.Johnson heh????  Never was worth a damn so we can chalk this up as an absolute sure LOSS!!!!!!!!

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 03, 2019, 03:45:57 PM
I REPEAT A SURE LOSS.Johnson heh????  Never was worth a damn so we can chalk this up as an absolute sure LOSS!!!!!!!!
Lets call it an OPENER !!  Actually, perhaps his SLOW stuff will counter the JUICED BALL ??? iono iono

markj

Second time in three games I think that Beni has hit a hard line drive right to an infielder. He has the worst luck.

markj

Torres is eating the Sox pitching staff alive. 2nd HR tonight. Plus the granny last night.

markj

Meatball Matt has loaded up the bases with no outs. This game is about to be over.

elktonnick

I have never seen a Red Sox team walk so many guys as these guys have in the past week

markj

Amazing that they got out of that mess with only 2 runs in. Still, that's liable to be enough for this game.

markj

markj

7 in a row. What a collapse. Not so surprising, though. With one or two exceptions, they haven't been able to beat top teams all year.

BoSoxFanNY

WTF
7 losses in a row

AFTER winning 5 of 7 against Tampa Bay and the Yankees one week
THEN losing 7 in a row against Yankees, Tampa Bay and Yankees the next week.

WHAT happened to this team???????????

longgame

The problem with the team meetings they’ve had, now 2 of them, is that if you lose, then what.  I’ll be interested to see what the 2020 Red Sox will look like.  They may be hamstrung for a while in bad pitching deals.

Murph

Quote from: longgame on August 03, 2019, 10:40:06 PM
The problem with the team meetings they’ve had, now 2 of them, is that if you lose, then what.  I’ll be interested to see what the 2020 Red Sox will look like.  They may be hamstrung for a while in bad pitching deals.

Sure as hell 2020 won't  look like this .Major changes will come .Count on it .

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on August 03, 2019, 10:48:37 PM
Quote from: longgame on August 03, 2019, 10:40:06 PM

Sure as hell 2020 won't  look like this .Major changes will come .Count on it .

There better be changes and a ton of them.  I notice Sale bis top at a players only meeting BUT CHRIS, IT HAS COME WAY TOO LATE.  You guys have taken the cue from shitface Cora and took the baton from that piss poorly run Spring Training and carried it over to the regular season.  You can't just turn it on and, in fact, you guys never have.  The team will have to understand that they need to rid themselves of at least a dozen of their current bunch of shithead ballplayers and that includes some of Cora's favorites.  And, BTW, don't count on Johnson being a credible starter next season.  He stinks like a rotten corpse and once again we didn't hit in sync.  Tomorrow we get swept and think it will be time  to maybe call up some young prospects and sit down some of our cruds who have disgraced the city, fans and themselves.  Back up the truck and one who has to go in Meatball Barnes, a total ****ing loser.

Sea Dog 23

Staff changes are on the way according to Peter Abraham/ Globe.  "With pitching problems rotation wide, somebody must take the blame".  That's being Captain  Obvious.  Should have happened before the all star break.

I believe the theory of ageing pitchers who have lost velocity, trying to overthrow, missing badly, when they should be working on off speed pitches.  But somebody on staff has to instruct them likewise.....LaVangie, Bannister.